1. Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Cuda 426 gen 3 / TKO 600 swap

New Hemi Swaps

1. panheadchuck

panheadchuck Well-Known Member

Well ,
    long story short i bought my 71 440 cuda clone on ebay, i got it here and it was a HUGE peice of shit . bad engine , bad trans , firewall and cowl rusted out . you should have seen th ehome made coil overs in the back just WOW.

anyway , shes a factory ac , ps , manual brake car . i decided to upgrade a little , put a new firewall/ upper and lower cowl etc , called up Lenny Melton on SC and had him build a stroked 6.4 with ported heads 11.5:1 compression with a custom cam that sounds like a purple shaft .

im a silver sport and american powertrain dealer so i ordered a tko 600 kit for the car , got a 3:91 center from strange

and called up carl gerst for front and rear suspension.. ( HATE torsion bars )

ill see if i can get some pics put up of the progress so far

2. R4Sedan

R4Sedan Well-Known Member

Man, sorry to hear. Would love to see pictures of the car. Maybe start a Thread on the work your doing. Good Luck. Sounds like it will be a killer car.

3. mopar car lady

mopar car lady Member

Some you get that way.My 1971 Challenger,bought in pieces with the front clip off.Did get burned on it,guy I bought it from said the quarter panels were good and were not.Rusted out after having the old paint blasted off filled up with bondo replacing them.