• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Console ash tray question

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
I bought a replacement ashtray and bezel for my 71 projects Console from Classic Industries.
IMG_4132.jpegIMG_4129.jpegIMG_4130.jpeg The fitment is trash. Has anybody run into this problem of not being able to find an ashtray basil an ashtray that fit a 71 consult with a slight curve to it?

Steve340

Reaction score
Perhaps you have been supplied the wrong part or it was not labelled correctly?
Is the console base the right shape?

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
My consul is perfect. And my phone will not type the word consul the correct way, but I’m not gonna correct it because I’m too pissed off right now. I’m going through a master parts catalog to look for the correct part number to try to find an NOS ashtray insert I think it’s the insert bezel that changes between the armrest style ashtrays wish this car does not have because it’s a deputy and the consul which has a contour and it’s not flat like the armrest pads

Steve340

Reaction score
I had a 1971 console and and ashtray that were original and the fit was good.
I cannot check it for you as I have sold it.
Someone will have the answer for you.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
71. Does have a curve and none of the aftermarket ashtrays that I found will fit it so I have to buy a used one and work a miracle but I have to have the original insert also because it also does not fit this console.IMG_4179.jpeg

Steve340

Reaction score
Have a look at the for sale section I am certain I have seen some affordable ashtray bits advertised here fairly recently.

nigeltufnel

Reaction score
Mine isn't very curved either but it fits further down into the console. Guessing the repops are just a little too TALL... 🤷‍♂️

IMG_8751.JPEG

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
That’s the same curvature I have in the re-pops. Fingers are supposed to hold it in place for this things just loose as hell

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Just to let you know, I’m still searching for anybody that may have an original ashtray and bezel for a 70 or 71 console that would like to sell it. I’m also still looking for 2/4 belt line trim pieces for 71 or 70 they have the bent tab that goes into the jam and it’s held in with one screw. I need one for each side right now I could get one but it’s training 25 bucks for the pair plus a rusty ashtray and that’s just not the route. I want to go at this moment because I’m broke as F and this is coming out of my pocket for my clients car lol.

Back