• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 cuda real deal tx9!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schtick

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I know this is an old thread but I have a reply that you will all be interested in. After 16 fun filled years I sold my 71 tx9 383 4sp in 2000 to a guy in Long Island, NY. Recently with a teenage son, I am missing it and started looking for it. That is how I stumbled upon this thread. I located the guy I sold it too Joe, about 4 months ago. He told me that he sold it in 2009. The buyers put it on a rented trailer and left in a bad thunder storm. Joe said they were not looking very smart, and sure enough crashed on the way home and the Cuda was destroyed. We all know that cars can be redone. Here is the evidence that it is mine. I added 15in ralleys with polished trim rings. When I bought the car in 1984 it had argent silver center caps which I painted black and then wiped off so they would look like correct dark caps. It looks like that is the case in his picture. BF Goodrich radial T/A tires 235 in front 255 rear. When I redid the exaust I had the tips stick out purposely because I though it was a shame to hide them. On another site that he listed the car on "Mopar Style" I can see that it has a saddle colored interior. Honestly how many tx9-saddle 4sp 383's can there be? And the final proof, when I bought the car in '84 I loved the scat pac bee decal on the rear quater window of challengers , so I added them to my Cuda. They are clearly visible when you blow up the picture. I was very exited at first, but he ignores my e-mails and questions. Something is very wrong with this deal. But I wish I had my car back. BTW, This car also has a rare 383 six-pac set up on it. Man that car was fun. John

3404speed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting reply Schtick. Good luck re-uniting. You might have to track him down and drive to him. Seems a bit reserved.

73 kooda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey tyre....theres a big show in vegas called MATS! .... Just bring it there, I' m sure you'll have no problem selling it there...its april 14. I'm sure you can bring it there and there will be some guys there from this board.

Schtick

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He replied to me twice. Both times not making much sense. The last time, after I described some things that only this car would have, he just asked me for the serial number. That reply took 3 months. You would think he would be more into it. I do have a theory though. The pictures with the paper and date do look real but they are only close ups. I wonder what the rest of the car looks like now. It might be a family member or a friends car or something. You can only imagine how pissed they were to crash it on the way home before it was insured.

62BT409

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He replied to me twice. Both times not making much sense. The last time, after I described some things that only this car would have, he just asked me for the serial number. That reply took 3 months. You would think he would be more into it. I do have a theory though. The pictures with the paper and date do look real but they are only close ups. I wonder what the rest of the car looks like now. It might be a family member or a friends car or something. You can only imagine how pissed they were to crash it on the way home before it was insured.

My $.02........After reading all of this and seeing him post on other sites. He is either in Nigeria or a transplant to the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back