• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Barracuda

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
air cleaner resto

Air cleaner before and after. 2 BBL`s need love too!
Hey Rbbruno3 do you recognize this thing it was the air cleaner I picked up from you! Turned out better than I thought it would. I couldn`t save the radiator though too far gone oh well win some lose some!

100_2275.jpg

100_2349.jpg

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
update on my resto. engine bay pics!

Well I finally got my car up and running again brought it outside for the first time in quite a while. Here is a little sneak preview on my paintjob.I painted the engine bay Limelight Green. With the motor still in place I might add "No small task that was"! After cleaning up the engine bay and painting I added a set of Doug`s headers with a Stainless Steel exhaust system from Pypes as well.
Still running a little rough really needs a good tune-up at this point a few more odds and ends put the hood back on and I`ll be taking it to a few local body shops for estimates on a paint job. With how well the engine bay came out I am really tempted to paint the car myself but since I have never painted a car before and I am working out of a tent. I figure I will let the pros handle it.
Every time I`m in that tent I feel like I am on an episode of M*A*S*H and I`m the grease monkey version of Hawkeye Pierce. I call it my Man-tent or Ment for short!
The first photo is what the engine bay area looked like before I cleaned everything up.

100_2157.jpg

100_2453.jpg

100_2455.jpg

100_2456.jpg

73 kooda

Reaction score
I have a set of four of the same center caps, im probably gonna sell, as im doin the other caps on mine. Of course i bought these ones first before i decided to do the other ones. i'm gonna do a aar hood on mine too. Where did you find the hood? If your interested let me know and ill shoot you some pics. I've had them about a month, and didnt even put them on the car.

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

To answer your questions 73kooda. My tires are Yokohama Aegis LS/4 215/70 R 14`s. I saved them off a Buick Regal I had over 12 years ago I almost forgot I had them then I realised they would fit the Cuda,felt like getting the tires for free!I also found a better set of center caps than the ones from my erlier posts I will probably end up selling my extras as well. I bought my AAR hood from a 3`rd party vendor on E-bay the hood is a Penstar product. I will not recommend Penstar however based on my experience with them.Follow this link for the details of my experience with them. http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73828.msg750558#msg750558
If I had to do it over again I would probably buy my hood from AAR Fiberglass from what I have heard they may be the best ones out there I think they are located in Florida. One more thing Penstars hood springs are absolute crap! If you want your hood to sound like an attic pull down stair-case every time you open and close it then go with them,but if you want a cheap alternative for hood springs use these. http://store.nexternal.com/shared/S...reType=BtoC&Count1=973919093&Count2=891059517 I put them on and they work great. I used the 5.5 inch springs for $17 bucks you can`t beat it! Or you can spend around $60 for a pair of correct springs.

a68postcar

Reaction score
i wish i had more time to post on the progress on your car. i've been watching, but not posting. so my bad! the car is really coming together nicely! nice job friend, nice job indeed!!!!

73 kooda

Reaction score
Ive seen a few sets of rallye caps like the ones shown. Then there is the other style that is smaller in diameter. My question is were the ones shown used on barracudas,if so which years..and second, why does one cap have a ring around it, like its an insert...if someone could school me i would appreciate it...

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Got the Barracuda on the road!

Put my car on the road yesterday!:toothy9: First time it`s been on the road in over 20 years the last inspection sticker on it was from 1991! It ran great only a few noises and rattles to iron out. I was on the hi-way and got a toot of approval from a passing Mercedes. I thought that was cool of the driver to show my car some love even in it`s primered state.

The only thing that almost went wrong was at the gas station when I couldn`t get the nozzle out of the filler neck. I finally had to give it one last Hulk Hogan sized yank to get it out I nearly went flying backwards into the car behind me! LOL! What does everyone do when gassing up? Don`t put the nozzle in too far or use a funnel in the neck?

Sorry no new pictures yet.I want to get it in the shop soon for paint but I may have to wait a bit. Being out of work was a blessing as far as time to work on my car but I need to be careful with the finances now and keep food on the table first.:mad:

shadango

Reaction score
Put my car on the road yesterday!:toothy9: First time it`s been on the road in over 20 years the last inspection sticker on it was from 1991! It ran great only a few noises and rattles to iron out. I was on the hi-way and got a toot of approval from a passing Mercedes. I thought that was cool of the driver to show my car some love even in it`s primered state.

The only thing that almost went wrong was at the gas station when I couldn`t get the nozzle out of the filler neck. I finally had to give it one last Hulk Hogan sized yank to get it out I nearly went flying backwards into the car behind me! LOL! What does everyone do when gassing up? Don`t put the nozzle in too far or use a funnel in the neck?

Sorry no new pictures yet.I want to get it in the shop soon for paint but I may have to wait a bit. Being out of work was a blessing as far as time to work on my car but I need to be careful with the finances now and keep food on the table first.:mad:

Congrats on getting the fish on the road! Nothing like the first ride in a car you have resuscitated. Makes ya feel like the biggest baddest dude on the road! :naka:

RE: the fuel filler....check the filler tube in the trunk and see if you have a "dent" or depression on the top of it...it will be obvious. That style is from a 70/71 I believe and I was using one for a while and it caused all sorts of issues for me.....I swapped back to a correct one (smooth, no depression) and it makes it easier....even so, from time to time some filler nozzles at the pumps liek to stick...the ones that have the black boots around them seem to be the biggest issue.....I just dont stick the nozzle in as far.

I also keep my head down by the filler to listen for when the fuel begins to back up the filler tube....if you lose track and keep pumping you will get a gas shower....LOL :glasses9:

MoparArmyVet

Reaction score
Congratulations once again! Looks like a great candidate for restoration. I wished mine was that clean when I bought it! :) Having a good canvas to start with is a huge plus especially when it comes to your wallet. Make it yours!

See ya on the streets!
MoparArmyVet

Big Jim

Reaction score
You're the one spending the time/money/blood/sweat/tears on it-it's your car so build it to your dreams since it's not super rare to begin with. Build it, drive it, enjoy the hell out of it! Wish I could find one like that...nice score!

Back