• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Challenger Fender Chrome Trim

Elziepruett

Reaction score
So my dad's birthday is a day before I ship out for the Marines, and I would like to get him a good gift. He has a 1972 Challenger that was his dad's, who passed. It had the sub package with chrome trim all the way around. He has the trim, but his dad replaced the front left fender after an accident, and didn't get the one for the chrome strips. I've looked endlessly online for a front left STEEL fender with the pins for the chrome strips, with no luck. If anyone can help me with this search I'd be very grateful.

I have a photo of the right side for reference.

IMG_20191116_205435727.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan. You don't need to get another fender. Those body side mouldings were either attached with clips on the pins or with clips that were attached through holes in the fender. The holes were spaced about 6" apart. The clips are available.
Tell us more about your Dad's Challenger and thank you for deciding to serve our Country.

Elziepruett

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan. You don't need to get another fender. Those body side mouldings were either attached with clips on the pins or with clips that were attached through holes in the fender. The holes were spaced about 6" apart. The clips are available.
Tell us more about your Dad's Challenger and thank you for deciding to serve our Country.

Yeah it has pins along the side that were used to attach the chrome strip. If I could get just the pins that go on the fender, tahtd be awesome. And thank-you.

michael bucklew

Reaction score
So my dad's birthday is a day before I ship out for the Marines, and I would like to get him a good gift. He has a 1972 Challenger that was his dad's, who passed. It had the sub package with chrome trim all the way around. He has the trim, but his dad replaced the front left fender after an accident, and didn't get the one for the chrome strips. I've looked endlessly online for a front left STEEL fender with the pins for the chrome strips, with no luck. If anyone can help me with this search I'd be very grateful.

I have a photo of the right side for reference.

View attachment 65228
my "71 has no "pins" for chrome. they are screwed on. it is actually polished aluminum. try classic industries, don't know if sold separate or as a kit. or try stephens mopar in Alabama.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I have an untouched 71 here with the rivets or pins for the side mouldings.

Back