• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Challenger Front Drum Availability

Miguel Duncan

Reaction score
Has anyone found 10" front drums for a 72 Challenger? Can't find them listed in any auto parts stores or Rock Auto. Hard to believe they are not made anymore, forcing us to do a disc conversion.

moparleo

Reaction score
My 72 Challenger came standard with front disc brakes. What do you have against a much safer, better performing system ? There is a reason that they don't use them on the front anymore. Most cars regardless of performance level come with 4 wheel disc now. I have owned several older cars with drum brakes and they were down right dangerous when wet or overheated.

rklein71

Reaction score
I don't know if you come to Amarillo very often, but I have a pair of 10" drums from my 71 Barracuda sitting in my shed for a fair price. If you are interested, I will need to take them down to get them mic'd to see if they can be turned safely. Rod

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
You can.Not gonna raise its value unless you're parting it. 72 is a nice car tho. The grille from before that only makes i t a lil better looking. You got a gem for the era. Keep it stock if you can

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
11" drums should be easy to find if you really want drums but I have no clue why you would !

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
You can.Not gonna raise its value unless you're parting it. 72 is a nice car tho. The grille from before that only makes i t a lil better looking. You got a gem for the era. Keep it stock if you can
Disc are a much better set than drum. I agree with chryco. Piratejack has the whole kit with spindles, calipers, rotors, pads, and hoses for 400$.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
It sounds like you are set on staying with drums. I have a pair removed from a 70 Challenger when I upgraded to discs. As of now they are complete with spindles shoes and cylinders. PM me if interested.

Back