• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 challenger suspension questions

70Barracuda

Reaction score
Those factory seats are crap for going around corners! Can't put your leg on anything when your foot is on the clutch. Besides my GF flying into my lap!! LOL

Clueless72

Reaction score
Those factory seats are crap for going around corners! Can't put your leg on anything when your foot is on the clutch. Besides my GF flying into my lap!! LOL
wonder if i'll be able to sell the stock seats, mine are pretty much mint. withs o many other places to put the money not sure i can bring myself to get a set of recaro's or anything though.

70Barracuda

Reaction score
Don't worry about the seats. get your car up and going first

i_taz

Reaction score
A little torsion bar history.... The gov weren't the only one's bailing Chrysler out in the late 70's. GM loaned Chrysler money and one contingency was they allowed GM access to the torsion bar patents. GM's first and possibly only use of them was on the S-10 pick-up and Blazers. I assume the patent expired on it's own since then because my '02 F-150 had them although when Dodge redesigned the pick-up in '72 they went to coil and have ever since on full size trucks. Dakota's had them I believe. F body cars had tranverse bars. The last Chrysler to use them was in '89 on the M bodies...

Clueless72

Reaction score
A little torsion bar history.... The gov weren't the only one's bailing Chrysler out in the late 70's. GM loaned Chrysler money and one contingency was they allowed GM access to the torsion bar patents. GM's first and possibly only use of them was on the S-10 pick-up and Blazers. I assume the patent expired on it's own since then because my '02 F-150 had them although when Dodge redesigned the pick-up in '72 they went to coil and have ever since on full size trucks. Dakota's had them I believe. F body cars had tranverse bars. The last Chrysler to use them was in '89 on the M bodies...
seems it was more of a truck thing from what i've heard. I'm gonna see how these coil overes go and i can always change back to a torsion bar setup if need be.

i_taz

Reaction score
Probably better off... they were always sort of a one trick pony... you could get thicker bars but you always traded handling for ride and vice versa. Another trivia
I remember is a shop teacher telling us a machine they had twisted a torsion bar
10x before it broke. He was referring to the strength of the machine not the bar but that's not how I looked at it...

Back