• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Cuda Restomod

JKCuda

Reaction score
The more pictures the better. I think you made some good choices in the build. A plug wire loose and fired right up. I would say it is dialed in pretty good!
Thanks...and a special thanks to you. You're always one of the folks who steps in to help answer questions I post. Cannot tell you how much that is appreciated.

It was a plug wire loose...and the distributor accidentally bumped about 10 degrees the wrong way. Once I found that, and fixed that trans issue I posted about, it light right up!

heminut

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about your wife. My wife was just recently diagnosed with breast cancer and we are just starting down the road of dealing with it.

I sincerely hope you get the car running in time. If I lived close enough I would volunteer to help but unfortunately I'm a couple thousand miles away.

john_wick

Reaction score
Wow you've covered a lot of ground on your project. Looks like its coming along nicely. Sorry to hear what your wife is going through. Cancer sucks. Hope you guys get to make good memories in the car soon

JKCuda

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about your wife. My wife was just recently diagnosed with breast cancer and we are just starting down the road of dealing with it.

I sincerely hope you get the car running in time. If I lived close enough I would volunteer to help but unfortunately I'm a couple thousand miles away.
Thanks, and sorry to hear about your wife. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. It’s a terrible thing to have to deal with.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Wow you've covered a lot of ground on your project. Looks like its coming along nicely. Sorry to hear what your wife is going through. Cancer sucks. Hope you guys get to make good memories in the car soon
Thanks. It’s been a long road but she’s a f-in trooper. As long as there aren’t any surprises we should be good to get some time in it as long as the weather here in PA cooperates.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
As time passes all events contribute to memories in the making. Thanks for the back story and the events to date. In life Priorities change and we do are best to deal with it. As some of here have the same issues that you have. No matter how long someone has something. It's just the use of time that builds memories. I got my car when I as in the navy as my father served too. In the 50's USS FORRESTAL, Asbestos ship. As life progressed it got pushed to a back corner of the garage. My dad would say sell it or fix it. I would respond It's not eating any oats I'll get to it. I did get to it and got it done with my son and the constructive prodding of my father. When I was younger he took me with him everywhere, hunting, fishing Pinchot lake with grandfather too, antiquing and took care of 6 other children. The memories are always there no matter how long or shot. Like your sons sitting in the car. They will carry that memory long after we here forget. They are our treasures the children and memories. A personal note, not making this about me. But I like it here. I like seeing the success and problems that arise it makes us real people. I have a niece a teacher and nephew warehouse worker, right in your area. And multiple relatives in Steelton and York. Best wishes and Prayers.

Last edited:

MAJOR

Reaction score
Dude!! Nice work indeed, good to see a "home built" Project progress to a really nice standard.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Dude!! Nice work indeed, good to see a "home built" Project progress to a really nice standard.
Thanks. I wish I could’ve done the metal work on my own but I just don’t have that skill set. It was cool to be able to be involved and document along the way vice just sending it to an auto body shop somewhere and not see it for 2 years. Being able to do the mechanicals and everything else though is really rewarding.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Some late night paint work. Just edging stuff to mount for final assembly before final paint.

IMG_1854.jpeg

IMG_1855.jpeg

IMG_1856.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

burnt tan

Reaction score
Wow a lot of love and a lot of work! Amazing from an instructional standpoint too. The photos show every step of the way. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Robert Senn

larry4406

Reaction score
Nice job!

What brand of primer and paint products are you using? I read you used single stage paint for the engine bay and interior. EV2?

JKCuda

Reaction score
Nice job!

What brand of primer and paint products are you using? I read you used single stage paint for the engine bay and interior. EV2?
Yes EV2. Primer I’m not sure of the brand I’ll have to ask my body guy. For the single stage we’re using a brand called Limco. It’s not super high end stuff but so far it’s sprayed nice and looks good. I’m not going for show quality or anything and the car will be garage kept so I’m not dropping 10k on a paint job lol. I’m not sure what we’re using yet for the exterior but it will be base clear.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Starting final assembly. Hopefully off to paint in a week or two. Finished up brake lines and some wiring this weekend. Once car comes back it will be interior and then done!

View attachment final.jpeg

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Looking good all right prep. the only thing is the ladder.🪜 👀 I have 32' hanging up above along side on 1/2" rebar hooks. I would think when you are done it will be parked the other way.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Looking good all right prep. the only thing is the ladder.🪜 👀 I have 32' hanging up above along side on 1/2" rebar hooks. I would think when you are done it will be parked the other way.
Haha yeah I have it turned sideways just for room. That ladder is going nowhere, it’s secured well and into a main beam.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Had to modify the tuff wheel from flaming river a little because the screws for the horn mount weren’t flush, but got it in tonight. Steering!

IMG_1888.jpeg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
That is very tempting to switch mine out. Being long legged but thin. That would be a nice conventions. Some other members have noted it being a snug fit.

20210618_082925.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
JKCuda, what a great back story and progress on your restromod! That's a lot of work you've done on your Cuda! I can't wait to read about your wife's first ride in the car!! And even though my son is much older, he pretty convinced my 70 Challenger is the best car out there. Your sons will feel that way about your 72 Cuda!

Back