• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Cuda Restomod

Buckminster

Reaction score
We will keep you and your wife in our thoughts and prayers. Fantastic work on the car. Thank you for sharing.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Been a while since I updated but things are still progressing, although slowly. Wife is still fighting the good fight and the car is now painted. I've begun installing the TTI exhaust that has been sitting in my garage for about 18 months. Headers went in very easily but I'm finding the mounting brackets for the dual exhaust hangers to be a bit of a PITA to do by myself with having to mockup the exhaust and then drill to bolt them to the back seat pan. I'll get there but man a lift would be really helpful right now!

IMG_2084.jpg
IMG_2085.jpg
IMG_2094.jpg
IMG_2095.jpg

Last edited:

mrmopar340

Reaction score
Been a while since I updated but things are still progression, although slowly. Wife is still fighting the good fight and the car is now painted. I've begun installing the TTI exhaust that has been sitting in my garage for about 18 months. Headers went in very easily but I'm finding the mounting brackets for the dual exhaust hangers to be a bit of a PITA to do by myself with having to mockup the exhaust and then drill to bolt them to the back seat pan. I'll get there but man a lift would be really helpful right now!

View attachment 117199
View attachment 117200
View attachment 117201
View attachment 117202
Good looking car. I love TTi's on smallblocks much easier not having to pull that link and bring the passenger side up from the bottom.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Good looking car. I love TTi's on smallblocks much easier not having to pull that link and bring the passenger side up from the bottom.
Thanks. Yeah they were great to install. Only real issue I had with the headers is I can't seem to find a good way to route the starter wires to where they won't contact the header tube. I may end up having to shorten them or replace them with longer cables to get what I want. I had the car up already so I put them both in from the bottom. Easy peasy.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Haven't updated for a while...

Car is generally in the same state it was back in December. My wife's health really took a turn for the worse after the new year and unfortunately she passed on May 13. We didn't get the car done, but she got to hear it run, see it painted, and enjoy spending some time with me in the garage while I worked with it.

Since I'm taking off work for a few weeks to work through all of this, I've started diving back in to finish the car for Carlisle in July. Got the front and rear glass installed, finished the rear tail light wiring, added the spoiler, finished tweaking and installing the exhaust, and have now started on the headlights and that wiring. Getting close...but so many little things to tie off still.

frank.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about your wife, the Cuda will be a nice tribute to her. Its good you both got to experience some memories together around the end.

Deezel

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about your wife. My condolences for your loss. Your car is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure she was very proud of it. I know I would be. :thumbsup:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Sorry to here of the family's loss. My condolences for your loss. The white board on the wall, shows you had priorities set where to spend the time. Somethings are more important.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words. We are doing ok. Keeping myself and the kids busy has been really helpful.

Yesterday and today I did the front end blackout, finished hood assembly, installed windshield washer stuff, front end wiring and assembly (yes, I will be tidying up the wiring when it's all finished)... Of course, I'm missing some clips for the grille so I'm waiting on parts again.

Tomorrow, probably installing carpet and center console as I'm waiting on parts almost everywhere else.

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

Last edited:

heminut

Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear about your wife. My condolences on your loss.😢 My wife is in the middle of radiation treatments for breast cancer and I can't imagine what it would be like to lose her!

The Cuda is looking great, and having something like that to dive back into is probably a good thing right now.

JKCuda

Reaction score
Front is together minus the parking lights. Rear is now together. Need to fix the crack in the plastic grille part. Doors are together and seals/drip rails installed (not pictured). All glass installed, just need to do final alignment. All wiring complete, started looming and cleaning it up. Started getting ready to do the interior today but had to order some more parts, go figure. Decided to go with Corbeau sport seats and brackets. They should be here Monday. Had to drill out the pass side door handle bracket...AMD decided to weld it on upside down and it wasn't caught before paint. Wasn't a big deal, just annoying.

Yes I am going to black out the tail panel... It's on the bottom of the list and I'm not sure if I'm going to paint it or wrap it, I used to do vinyl...

Getting close….

IMG_2644.jpeg

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2647.jpeg

Last edited:

JKCuda

Reaction score
Lots of progress this weekend. Repaired the parking light grille and got that installed. I wish I had before photos of this but it was almost cracked completely through. A plastic welder, a little short strand fiberglass, some filler, and it looks almost as good as new! Finished cleaning up some dash wiring and wideband installation (peace of mind), installed carpet just need to do final trim, installed new Corbeau seats (only 1 pictured but I have both), installed mirrors, installed a ton of seals, got a bunch of odds and ends stuff that has been hanging all cleaned up. Got the car fired again, this time with the TTI system installed. Man do I love the sound! Hopefully taking it out for a shake down drive on Thursday and working out any bugs to HOPEFULLY get to Carlisle next week!

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

Last edited:
Back