• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

727 linkage

1970challykid

Reaction score
Hi all, I need help configuring my linkage. I have the linkage from the 727 when I bought it, but that was out of a 70 new yorker. Also the challenger I put it into is a column shift. I also have the linkage from the challenger but it originally had a 904 in it. If anyone has pictures of a 440/727 column shift setup i would love to see it.

Thanks in advance!

Moparparts

Reaction score
If you are working on a 70 here is a pic of the console auto lockout linkage set up. The column shift pieces are the same with the exception of the trans rod (rods in the pics, 2 required for console lock-out). Your original 904 pieces will work but you will need the 727 trans bracket. Just make sure your trans bell has the cast on provision for the correct trans bracket. If it is a pre 70 trans or later than 74 it may not have the provision and you will need to fabricate the bracket
attachment.jpg

1970challykid

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch, I actually had just gone under the car and realized that the bracket was wrong. Do you know where I could find this bracket? There seem to be 2 brackets for 727 column shifts that I have found on the internet and was wondering if it is the one with 1-90 degree bend in it or the other with 2-90 degree bends in it. Also I realized that with the headers I had put on the car that I had to flip the linkage upside down and shorten the rod to clear them.
Thanks again

Moparparts

Reaction score
Glad to help, I have either one of the 727 trans brackets PM me if interested. It is the one with the 2 bends which is the only design E-Bodies used but the 904 and 727 both have 2 bends although they are different widths. There are 2 different 727 ones as well one for 70-72 and one for 73-74 which carry different Chrysler part numbers as well.

Back