• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 73 340 Mopar Engine with 727 trans (Ran When Pulled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRisTC

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Selling the 340 Mopar LA engine that came out of my Cuda 73 pro touring project. Engine ran when pulled. Have video to show it running. Definitely needs a clean up, and a tune up would not hurt. I was going to a full rebuild but ended up going with 392 gen 3 swap. Could be ran as is with some cleaning time and paint for best looking result. Recommend gaskets and tune up parts before it goes into anything at very least. Looking for 1500 obo. You can have both engine and trans with sale. Located near Springfield IL. Seen prices from 1 for blocks to above 5k. I have no real idea what its worth. Best offer wins

IMG_5791.jpg

chargerz

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take it if u ship, ... Fastenal be cheaper .. drop it on a pallet and take it to them ...

JRisTC

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it up for OBO. So whoever offers the most and wins. Ill sell to them. Ive gotten like 7 dm's. The engine ran and ran well. I just wanted to rebuild it for reliability but i ended up going with gen 3. Id say trans needs a rebuild for sure. Def a great setup that can be ran and upgraded at will/budget. I just dont want to take up space anymore.

chargerz

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it up for OBO. So whoever offers the most and wins. Ill sell to them. Ive gotten like 7 dm's. The engine ran and ran well. I just wanted to rebuild it for reliability but i ended up going with gen 3. Id say trans needs a rebuild for sure. Def a great setup that can be ran and upgraded at will/budget. I just dont want to take up space anymore.
this is NOT ebay ... as per rules you put on your ad the asking price and u stick by that .. you want auction sale go ebay where they charge you, .. ADMIN ... correct me if im wrong ..

JRisTC

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is NOT ebay ... as per rules you put on your ad the asking price and u stick by that .. you want auction sale go ebay where they charge you, .. ADMIN ... correct me if im wrong ..
  1. eBay auctions are permitted, but please give some detail of the item as well as the eBay link. DO NOT post just the eBay item number, post the link.
  2. You must Post either an Asking Price or Make offer with a BIN Price. (We prefer you post an asking price)
  3. Location (Preferably City & State) MUST be in the ad
  4. Please Post SOLD in the thread when the item(s) are sold. (We dont delete ads - please dont ask us to)
  5. Do NOT post email addresses or phone numbers in your ad or in any response to an ad. Use the PM feature.
  6. Do not argue with others in the thread.

JRisTC

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not breaking any rules, and re read them twice. Im giving all honest offers a fair go. Listed that in first. If its too much of issue, ill sell it on ebay or fb market place. Im not dealing with a shipper for you. Other folks dm'd before you. Been a member long time. Not stressing over a spare engine lol.

chargerz

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not breaking any rules, and re read them twice. Im giving all honest offers a fair go. Listed that in first. If its too much of issue, ill sell it on ebay or fb market place. Im not dealing with a shipper for you. Other folks dm'd before you. Been a member long time. Not stressing over a spare engine lol.
u wouldn't have to deal with any shipper that would be on me, all u would do is drop it at Fastenal, sure other folks Pm'd u before me, but it doesn't show on ur ad, that's how we buyers in the forum take notice what are our chances in buying the items, .. and yea no problem here either, .. sellers here build reputation on fairness, honesty and motivation to assist in the sale, but when this kind of issues like this happen, we also take notice and stay away from sellers like this ... good luck with ur sale ..

Matt Johnson

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is the price that is buying the engine? 1500 or you have it set up like an auction? when are you stopping taking offers?

JRisTC

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is the price that is buying the engine? 1500 or you have it set up like an auction? when are you stopping taking offers?
I posted originally I wanted 1500 obo. Not sure why people expect someone not to receive offers or negotiate when they listed it low just to get rid of it. If everyone said naw, 1500 is too much and offered way less. Id choose between that. Not like I want crazy number for it. Rn best offer is in at 1700. I also dont know why anyone would expect someone else to do more work for less. Ill sell it this week cause answering responses takes a bit.

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted originally I wanted 1500 obo. Not sure why people expect someone not to receive offers or negotiate when they listed it low just to get rid of it. If everyone said naw, 1500 is too much and offered way less. Id choose between that. Not like I want crazy number for it. Rn best offer is in at 1700. I also dont know why anyone would expect someone else to do more work for less. Ill sell it this week cause answering responses takes a bit.
I think the frustration/confusion is because normally when selling something and you put a price or “OBO” that means you are committing to selling the item for no more than that specific price and possibly less (hence the OBO). If this isn’t the case and the item being sold is purely open to offers, then why even list a price in the first place???

Last edited:

hankchallenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said RCode….. not to mention this site is not just another auction site, this site is built for enthusiasts who give one another the opportunity to purchase items to build and enjoy the things that make them happy. If not then it’s just another eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back