• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Long Island Mopar Guy With Cars & Questions!

PGio

Reaction score
@ DEATHPROOFCUDA - WOW!! Thanks Bud - that site is fantastic! Already gave me more info today than I ever knew about those distributors. Can't thank you enough!
Next question: (They do not address this in the vids ' cause it is new car - at the time - servicing) If I just disconnect that electronic box as you suggested, is the "Armature" inside going to get stuck in a position that will not allow the distributor, the vacuum advance, and the carburetor to function properly?

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
Glad that was helpful. i'm no expert, but based on my limited experience i don't think that disconnecting the solenoid will impact the vacuum advance function.

sorry that i cant provide more details at the moment. had an accident on tuesday and my right arm is currently in a sling, so i'm a one armed keyboard bandit at the moment.

71RRhi

Reaction score
Welcome, nice fleet of cars you have there. I grew up on long island (Holbrook). Moved around until I settled here, in the middle of the Pacific ocean.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Now I'm leaning to the challenger.
Ok Wanting to change my mind again. have driven all in some for or other. Now I'm wandering how you decide which one to drive? I think the 66 charger has to coolest interior and gauge cluster I have ever seen. How do you live with yourself?

Back