• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Barracuda Temp/Fuel only going 5mm or 1/4 way up - New senders installed and IVR

Cliff

Reaction score
We have diagnosed all gauges work except the Temp and Fuel. We checked using the many sending unit checks on the web - we then found out it was the sending unit on both, we changed both and both worked last weekend. Come this weekend and we decided to put the cluster and gauges back and noticed the gauges weren't working accurately. Both only go up about quarter way or 5mm up and stay stagnant. We changed the instrument voltage regulator and still they only went to 5mm or 1/4 way. We checked continuity and we are getting power to the violet, black and dark blue wires, as well as both ALT wires (red and black), fuses have been checked especially the 5th and 6th fuse, and screwed cluster on so we are earthed as well. Any suggestions?? I know we are nearly there I just don't want to get auto electrician to do a diagnostic that I have already done etc.

Your help would be much appreciated. Finger crossed its a quick fix. Thanks all.

quapman

Reaction score
How's the ground at the tank end of the fuel sending unit? The factory used a clip/strap that connected the metal line around the short rubber hose.

Back