• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 challenger B5 blue Vinly top or not?

01freeman

Reaction score
I have a 73 challenger B5 blue. it is originally a rally car with a vinyl top. Should I reinstall the vinyl top or leave it off. Also it is a blue interior car. should I leave the interior color or change it to black. Will this hurt the value making these changes or not. What are your thoughts. Vinyl top or not. interior color change or not?
Thanks

burdar

Reaction score
I once owned a 73 non Rallye Challenger that was B5 blue with blue interior and a white vynal top. I sold it before I was able to fix it up but that would have been a nice looking combination. I don't think you will hurt the value of a 73 much if you change the interior color. Do whatever you like best. I don't think you'll have to worry about rust under the top as long as you paint the roof completely and use seals around the stainless trim.

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
It`s yours do what you like. However if it were mine I would keep the blue interior and go with the blue vinyl top. My opinion you see black interiors everywhere on all kinds of makes and models the cars with different color interiors stand out more to me. As far as value i`ll leave that question for the more experienced car guys.

burdar

Reaction score
What color top did it have...black or white?

01freeman

Reaction score
It had a black vinyl top on it originally. If anyone has any pictures of B5 challengers post them. i would like to see some to compare ones with and without vinyl tops.
Thanks

michael

Reaction score
My 71 challenger is b5 blue it never had a vinyl top which is fine with me it originally had a blue interior the previous owner had made a half a. . Attempt t change it white by painting the door panels white with a brush and installing white shag carpet Plus on the console and package tray. I personally do not like a blue interior your mine back black with a white headliner but always do it like you want it!
r

moparleo

Reaction score
Door panels

One reason you see a lot of guys go black on the interior had to do with the type of resins used in the different colored interior plastic panels. My 72 Challenger came with Petty blue exterior, Blue interior and white vinyl top. I bought the car in 77. It was mint then.:icon_thumleft: After about ten years or so the door panels faded and turned to powder. You just rubbed your finger across it and it crumbled.:crybaby2: Seems all the colored plastics used on the interiors with the exception of black had this problem to different degrees. So black has been the most available color to get on the used market. Over the years , different Companies have tried to repop the door and kick panels and they never looked right. Just Dashes would vacu-form vinyl over the outside of the panels, but the grain wasn't right. Another Company tried abs plastic, no good.:eusa_think: Now there is finally a company making a repop panel that looks and feels just like the originals.They released the Cuda panels a few years ago and the Challenger panel was due out last fall. I believe the company I saw selling these was MRMOPARTS in Arizona. Available in black and white only. You can dye the panels any other color you want.
I will try to get everybody current info on these panels.

moparleo

Reaction score
UPDATE!!! Metro releasing new door panels IN COLORS

Frank's Restoration Parts will be at Mopars at the Strip on the
Manufacturers Midway April 13-15 with a limited supply of the
new Metro Cuda & Challenger Hardtop Door Panels (Front & Rear)
and Seat Backs in black, white, red & blue. Since the supply
is limited, you can give me a call at 530-677-9942 to reserve
your set. We will also be at Spring Fling the weekend after
Vegas (April 21-22) and those of you wanting a set can also
call ASAP to reserve your sets.
The are injection molded just like the originals of new technology plastics, and will be available in colors! Metro needs orders to pay for tooling to make these and more. Now is the time to get off the pot and support a vendor !!:icon_cheers::eek:ccasion14:

burdar

Reaction score
I thought I read that Blue Cuda and Challenger panels are SOLD OUT. I'm sure there will be other shipments but don't know when that will be.

Last edited:

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Miy Challenger is a 70 but is B5 blue w/o a vinyl top. Originally had B5 blue interior too. The previous owner somewhere down the line dyed & painted the dash & everything else was switched over to black.

100_1520 [640x480].jpg

100_1521 [640x480].jpg

100_1522 [640x480].jpg

Last edited:
Back