• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'73 Challenger Rallye Restoration

moparlee

Reaction score
How does one adjust the rear axle bearings? I have the same issue as you did and have 3 degrees on both ends of my drive shaft as the tremec instructions for my tko600 that I installed. I was actually looking at getting new axles with new "green" bearings for when I put wilwood discs on the rear. Anyone have any insight?

It's a little hard to see in the photo, but behind the right hand axle flange is a large slotted adjusting nut. Adjust it per the factory service manual. One of the nuts on the backing plate has a flat type washer with a tang to lock the adjusting ring in place.
DSCF0899.JPG

cdummer43

Reaction score
It's a little hard to see in the photo, but behind the right hand axle flange is a large slotted adjusting nut. Adjust it per the factory service manual. One of the nuts on the backing plate has a flat type washer with a tang to lock the adjusting ring in place.
View attachment 51375
I will take a peek at my 73 chasis service manual sometime this next week. I have a vibration that resonates. As in it comes and goes for a second and then smooth and then back to vibrating again at 64 mph.

volunteer

Reaction score
G'day fellow E bodies.
3 speed wiper motor not working properly. It works okay when I bench tested it a year ago but does not like to work properly when installed in the car. Problems are only getting one speed and not parking. I ran a separate wire from the switch case to ground and I get all 3 speeds but I still do not get park. I did the following test to see if the motor park works. Disconnected the motor plug from the firewall, jumped the motor brown to green on the plug and put a jumper from battery negative to the red wire and a jumper from battery positive to the blue wire going to the motor. When I did this the wipers went into park. I ran a separate ground from the motor to ground and still did not park. Any help would be great. Thank you!

I removed cluster to detail and replace the fixed bulbs. I should have turned wipers on before disconnecting battery but, since they are rarely used and, based on assuming should still be working perfectly, I left them alone. Then, when cluster and switch panel back in, wipers only worked slow speed and no park and, washer motor okay. Pretty sure they would have worked prior since all the way down to park position. I removed the switch so it could be connected by itself as easier to operate. I used an auxiliary ground wire and no difference. Power to red wire so fuse okay. I did not disturb firewall connector to that point. There are 3 metal tabs to hold switch together. One seems to have a small (ground?) wire soldered on to it but, no difference whether attached or not. Based on others stating that it is easy to take apart, I did just that. It was a bit difficult to remove the metal (3-wire resistor?) from bracket. I am guessing the metal casing of this part need not be grounded separately? Anyway, not much inside except for the 3 small copper? tabs. All the previous rubbings seemed to indicate good contacts. So, put back together and NO operation - not even washer. (sigh)
What I would like to know, is there a picture of the switch connectors and description as to how to test for continuity and/or voltages? thanks.

Tbone416

Reaction score
Local hardware store actually had the old Chrysler pentistar ignition and round trunk keys in stock. They had a lot of dust on them but they were able to make an extra set of keys for me for $5.00. Latest picture of my Challenger. I was at a car show today and there was this shortened and chopped Cuda with an aluminum HEMI. View attachment 22555View attachment 22554
View attachment 22553

View attachment 22553

View attachment 22554

View attachment 22555
I Like your car better the green car looks like a Hot Wheels car

Back