• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 cuda horns

Ralph

Reaction score
Rewiring my front light harness and found three horns. Two at the center brace on the driver side - is one marked high and the other low ? seemed to be wired correctly from the factory since the harness was not modified here. Then one horn on the passenger side near the windshield wiper fluid bottle with a pigtail off the factory harness horn wire which I removed. So my question is am I supposed to have two horns - 1 high and 1 low from the factory and are they special toned for the cuda or can I buy a high & low horn replacement form year one catalog which seems to indicate a generic horn ?? Thanks for the help

burdar

Reaction score
You should have two...a high and a low. They are mounted up front behind the grill. Have you tested the horns to see if they work? I think one of the Mopar magazines did an article on restoring horns. Maybe you can search online for it if your horns aren't working.

Before buying new horns I'd drill out the rivets and take the two halves apart. The insides might only need a good soaking in a rust remover like EvapoRust.

Ralph

Reaction score
thanks I will check it out

Avalanche

Reaction score
I sprayed wd-40 in my non-working horns, and after a couple days they worked great.
Make sure you dry them out and adjust the side screw. Sometimes just turning the adjustment screw works.

challnger73

Reaction score
73 challenger horns

I sprayed wd-40 in my non-working horns, and after a couple days they worked great.
Make sure you dry them out and adjust the side screw. Sometimes just turning the adjustment screw works.

Coincedently,just ordered (1)new horn from Yearone and a relay. The salesperson told me to get a single horn made for roadrunner. Since the vehicle will not pass NYS inspection and its somewhat of a restomod decided to go with it. Yearone part #SB09B,its a single horn so (2)do not have to be purchased. The previous owner made "their own relay"so just decided to spend the $30 for relay and replace it. Have to pay S&H anyway. Figured been 40 years,bout time to get a new horn. Good luck.

Back