• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Cuda numbers matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeF

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 73 numbers matching 340 4sp Cuda for sale. I'm not going to post any pictures but I will be glad to email them to anyone interested in buying the car. My email address is [email protected].

The car itself was originally B5 blue but was repainted flat black when it was restored, the engine was redone with a mild cam and the interior is new. There is no rust on the body or frame and the body is straight. It was originally a PA car but was stored for 20 or more years then taken out of storage and restored. It is in great shape and runs very strong, starts easily and drives like a much newer car.

The restoration was a total one with motor, tranny and suspension gone through and put up to standards. The interior has recovered seats and new headliner and carpet. There is a rally dash and it should have a console but it was taken out during the storage. The speedometer doesn't work but the other gauges are ok. The Cuda emblem on the dash is missing as is one on the rear. Also a chrome strip on the trunk is missing. The dash has a few small cracks but they aren't easily visible. The black vinyl roof is new. The radio is missing and it was not an ac car.

As I said the body and frame are in great shape with no rust and everything is straight. The shocks and spring and sway bar are now. It has a brand new AAR exhaust. The motor has less than 1,000 miles since the rebuild.

Get in touch with me and I will answer any questions you have and send pictures.

chasduster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you totally restored this car and repainted it flat blk...why???

GTXperience

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see anything in the "Welcome Wagon" forum but ... Welcome to FEBO Mike! How about some pics of the Cuda posted here? If you have any difficulties posting them, I believe there is a tutorial or you can contact me and I will post them for you.

MikeF

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you totally restored this car and repainted it flat blk...why???

I didn't do the restoration, it was flat black when I bought it. It's a pretty good color I think even though it isn't a factory one.

chasduster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't do the restoration, it was flat black when I bought it. It's a pretty good color I think even though it isn't a factory one.

I am not picking by any means...just saying, its like the guy who painted mine white of all the high impact colors out there you know what I mean....and yes welcome to the site.... whats the asking price

GTXperience

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of MikeF's Cuda:

cuda1.jpg

GetAttachment-1.aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-2.aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-3.aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-4.aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-5.aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-6.aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-7.aspx.jpg

GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

MikeF

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then it's not retored.

Depends on how you define restored, it's not like it left the factory but it is repainted and there aren't many of these cars that haven't been repainted. So yes it is restored because it has been gone through and made probably better than new.

By the way, I am asking $18,000.

GTXperience

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how you define restored, it's not like it left the factory but it is repainted and there aren't many of these cars that haven't been repainted. So yes it is restored because it has been gone through and made probably better than new.

By the way, I am asking $18,000.

As I mentioned above, everyone's definition of "restored" is different. Part of my personal definition includes it being exactly the same as it came out of the factory. Not just correct colors and finshes but complete with grease pen markings (as it rolled down the line) and orange peel in the paint (unless the paint A or B box on the build sheet was checked off). I have seen way too many overrestored cars. Good luck with the sale of the Cuda.

chasduster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Mike I will have to tell you, it looks way better than I pictured in my mind w/ the flat blk.... I like it

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I mentioned above, everyone's definition of "restored" is different. Part of my personal definition includes it being exactly the same as it came out of the factory. Not just correct colors and finshes but complete with grease pen markings (as it rolled down the line) and orange peel in the paint (unless the paint A or B box on the build sheet was checked off). I have seen way too many overrestored cars. Good luck with the sale of the Cuda.

I agree. "Restored" means returning to an original state of condition. Most of our hobby attaches "restored" to anything that's been done to a car. In most cases it's usually a restored/modification or "restification." (And don't even get me going on those local body shops who advertise for "restorations" when all they do is body and paint work, even if means painting over everything.)

On the other hand this car does look good like it is. Good luck with it.

chasduster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike I am bouncing off the 10 grand mark with my 70, with buying it with a blown motor and trans. non matching anything...I put a good 360 in it w/ a brand new auto...my car is pretty solid a few little holes around the rear window area and Needs paint ... So your car, total matching #'s at 18 grand area... JMO is priced right.. Do the math

MikeF

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info, I think that it is a very fair price for what you are getting. I drove it yesterday and it was a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back