• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73' Dodge Challenger - 440 on a 4 speed

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I would just like to share some engine bay pics of my 73 dodge challenger with a 440 big block & 4 speed transmission out of a 1970 roadrunner. I am a younger gentleman and would love to learn more about these wonderful machines. Any names of main important parts or any others that you recognize would be appreciated. Thank you. IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2885.JPG

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG

IMG_2888.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Rare Offy Dual port intake , a Holley Street Dominator 300-14 is far better .
Aftermarket Holley Carb , probably a good choice , the air filter is restrictive , too small .
Looks like an MSD ign system .
Chain for a torque strap on the left side which is helpful if a mount fails .
You need to connect a PCV system , just a breather on the left side is not enough .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rare Offy Dual port intake , a Holley Street Dominator 300-14 is far better .
Aftermarket Holley Carb , probably a good choice , the air filter is restrictive , too small .
Looks like an MSD ign system .
Chain for a torque strap on the left side which is helpful if a mount fails .
You need to connect a PCV system , just a breather on the left side is not enough .
Thank you for the info. If I end up looking into doing that stuff this coming season I will for sure keep in touch. Thanks again!

moparleo

Reaction score
Incorrect intake manifold throttle cable bracket( need one for a high rise manifold) and carb attachment bracket , spring and spring mount.
Geometry is all wrong. Every thing should be pretty much parallel.
Also Check all the mounts.

Last edited:

moparmarks

Reaction score

kenelder

Reaction score
Years ago when I was a young fella I learned a lot by reading the shop manual for the car. You can download manuals from Service Manuals – MyMopar and select one that matches your car and engine. The manuals also explain a lot about how the systems work which is very educational. Alternatively you can probably find printed copies of the manuals on auction sites.

Back