• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

74 Challenger. No sheetmetal to be harmed and adding twins

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Small update working on throttle cable.

Ground the firewall plug end down to fit.
CIMG6247_zpsyvrtg3nm.jpg

Made a locking wedge bracket.
CIMG6245_zpsj5pastot.jpg

CIMG6246_zpsri1dfz96.jpg

Picture from inside firewall. Had to make outside smaller to fit properly in this picture compared to the previous 2.
CIMG6249_zpsnvx9as3c.jpg

On the throttle body end I made an upper bracket slotted to accept the cable end.
CIMG6254_zpsuh8daubc.jpg

Back side of lower bracket.
CIMG6256_zpspqnk2nwa.jpg

Front side
CIMG6255_zpsqbog2tgg.jpg

Assembled. It has over an inch of adjustment.
CIMG6257_zpsue3eh7bd.jpg

These mounted pictures are before I trimmed up a bunch of oversize ends. The lower bracket also has a larger radius on it's back side to look better matching the TB profile.
CIMG6252_zps0zta8gnj.jpg

CIMG6251_zps7boawsf3.jpg

CIMG6250_zpsmr5obukk.jpg

Mike.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Been awhile since last update.
Finished up the throttle cable mounting and pedal.

CIMG6258_zpstalmx56b.jpg

Machined off unnecessary posts on tb.
Before:
CIMG6260_zpsdf8stn3y.jpg

After:
CIMG6261_zpswzv4l9pe.jpg

Not finished in pic shown but I machined off Ford name. No need to advertise the Frankenstein.
CIMG6263_zpshr6ssfse.jpg

Got these pigtails from a local jy off a Dodge truck. Trying to update lighting a few years. These newer setups also have their own ground wires instead of the old school chassis connection.
CIMG6267_zpsqnxgzsfk.jpg

Of the many things I start I am going to relocate the bumpers inward like the 72s are.
CIMG6272_zpsiz1smmy7.jpg

Using some 1/4 thick plate I will end up bending them to suit.
CIMG6273_zps6marj6xd.jpg

Will have more updates soon. Been working on cold half piping.

Mike.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Update time so I can get off page two.
Been working on the cold piping.
Made a wooden buck and started beating. The upper curved pieces start as an oval at the base and quickly transition into the pipe diameter as they are curve over the core support. Lots more welding required to complete. Still questioning their design "looks" but it is what I have for now. Overall I like but not sure on transition pieces.

20151030_171809_zpsp7wrdqzs.jpg

20151030_171829_zps4zrxc3m2.jpg

Taking a break on the ducting to ponder design and focus on the wiring.

Shipping Santa has provided all the MS items I should need. All wiring will remain off line until final switch over. Still going to drive this thing carbed until then.
20151129_173140_zpswsoubhon.jpg

From battery I am using a reset breaker to feed an 80 amp continuous duty relay. This is feeding a jy scavenged fuse and relay power block. Pulled from a Lincoln. 20+ fuses and 6 relays. It was a trunk mounted piece and is not brittle from being up with engine heat. Lower cost alternative with plenty of room to grow. Long term plan is still to eventually replace all the wiring. Original wiring that remains will effectively only be feeding some relays.

Pile to start with. Leaving extra length everywhere to allow proper relocation of items when time to clean up. Initial firewall pass thru is all the way to left side thru an existing hole that was for the manual pump windshield washer. When wiring is cleaned up the bulkhead will most likely be where the original heater motor passes thru. I will use a hidden bulkhead for the Vintage Air setup.
20151129_173012_zps2wd6kz39.jpg

Making detailed wiring diagrams so I will know what I previously was doing a month or twelve later.
20151129_172938_zpsrtqprfry.jpg

Mike

Last edited:

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
So I have to say I am completely frustrated with the change in this site. I cannot seem to be able to negotiate it at all. All my time on it is with my phone. An S5. Tried to follow the help but nothing but advertisements covering the screen. Asked for help in the appropriate thread but cannot locate it again. Tried to search my posts and cannot get back there. So here it is in the wrong area for all to see. Tried to view in desktop mode and there is no difference.
I can only see partial portions of pictures on screen. No zooming, no sliding them around to see . Worthless.
If a mod wishes to pm me and help cool if not I am out...

Signed
Frustrated

Back