• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

74 Challenger "Window Trim" metal rust

Alex Briggs

Reaction score
Morning guys,

So i've been pondering how i would go about tackling this area on both the driver and passenger window trim areas. I was thinking i could just cut and weld a fresh piece in there but then i was wondering if i would have to get underneath the roof? Let me know what you guys think as i want to do it right. Also, is there a repro piece that is offered or is it something i have to form myself? Haven't come across anything but as you can see from the title, not sure what i would call this piece.

Thanks!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_947.jpg

IMG_4243.jpeg

Rich G.

Reaction score
That’s one of the few pieces they don’t reproduce or at least I’ve never seen it. Bad place for rust, how is the roof? The good thing is if you have a vinyl top you can cut it out and make a piece and not have to get to fancy because the entire part is completely cover by the trim and top.

fasjac

Reaction score
I don't think AMD makes them yet but, next would probably be Stephens bone yard. They may want to sell the entire roof though??

Back