• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A833 Decode Help

frogsaw

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me decode my transmission.

PP833 14 80

7A 23 79
C-13546 B

Thanks

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
That PP833 code was stamped on a pad after about 67, the 4 didital code after it is a 10,000 day calendar, work the date from that.
The following numbers are the sequence code for the units assembled and the numbers after that should be the vehicle serial numbers........... I think!
Look on Brewers site, they have excellent information on identifying trans for correct ordering parts

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
At odds with my guess at post 67 but I make that date, number 1480 on the 10thou calendar, August 17th 1965, a Tuesday....... nice :)

frogsaw

Reaction score
Thanks for the information and the laugh. I will post what I find out.

frogsaw

Reaction score
Sooo....with this being a 1965 production transmission, according to the 10000 day calender, does this prove that this transmission is not the original for a 1970 car? As, I understand it, some manufacturer's would reuse New Old Stock parts from previous designs in newer designs. Is that the case here, or do I not have the original transmission for my 1970 Challenger R/T?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That would NOT be the correct trans for your car. A `70 car would have the vin # stamped on the right side of the case. If the tailshaft housing has the dual mounts for the shifter mechanism on it what you have there is a mut of a trans that someone pieced together from at least two.

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
It's possible that someone assembled a trans from old parts, they'd have to use the long tail shaft extension from a 70 on car cos that's when they were produced from........... it's more likely we got the date code wrong and the trans is probably correct.....
In all honesty I think if it works and it fits who cares what it's from!

Back