• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR Hoods

fasjac

Reaction score
I like Stinger Fiberglass. It’s been on mine for more than a decade and no complaints. JMO

6EAC67F1-6140-46EB-8C1C-2C93DB7B0211.jpeg

0A871CD6-22BC-49A3-B411-FE798914E5B6.jpeg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Fasjac, I really like how your hood looks painted body color and with the inner details of the hood painted black. Looks very slick!

Both of your cars look awesome!

fasjac

Reaction score
I concur, Stinger (aka AAR) is the best I have seen. I have one on my car.

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

View attachment 78389

Like how you reset/flushed the marker lights. Nice car
I concur, Stinger (aka AAR) is the best I have seen. I have one on my car.

[/URL][/URL]

View attachment 78389
[
Do the stingers have the section where the springs connect reinforced so they don't buckle?
they are reinforced.

gzig5

Reaction score
Do the stingers have the section where the springs connect reinforced so they don't buckle?

I believe mine is the Stinger brand and it fit nicely and seems to be well finished. Mine's still unpainted. I'm too cheap to pony up $60-$70 for a set of repo AAR springs, so I found some trampoline springs that were the right length and they work very well. Hold the hood up no problem and I don't have any concern with the steel hood springs applying too much pressure. I have some extra springs if anyone wants to try them. I do need to get a set of hood pins mounted when it all goes back together.

IMG_2379_1.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
I believe mine is the Stinger brand and it fit nicely and seems to be well finished. Mine's still unpainted. I'm too cheap to pony up $60-$70 for a set of repo AAR springs, so I found some trampoline springs that were the right length and they work very well. Hold the hood up no problem and I don't have any concern with the steel hood springs applying too much pressure. I have some extra springs if anyone wants to try them. I do need to get a set of hood pins mounted when it all goes back together.

View attachment 78406
That's a neat idea! Did the car have a sunroof originally?

gzig5

Reaction score
That's a neat idea! Did the car have a sunroof originally?
The sunroof is not original. Not sure when it was added but it seems to be decent quality with a nice dome light inside. It will be going away though when I re-skin it. Looks like someone danced a jig on the roof.

fasjac

Reaction score
The sunroof is not original. Not sure when it was added but it seems to be decent quality with a nice dome light inside. It will be going away though when I re-skin it. Looks like someone danced a jig on the roof.

Back