• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR Spoiler instructions

Matt68

Reaction score
Anyone have a diagram or instructions for the mounting of an AAR Spoiler? I have all the hardware but want to make sure it's mounted correctly.
TIA

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Try these posts.
AAR Rear Spoiler Instructions
Hardware mounting locations for rear ducktail spoilers
5902223-taspoilerbracket.jpg
5902225-taspoilerbracketinstalled.jpg

AAR Cuda Rear Spoiler Underside.jpg

Templates for duplicating Cuda decklid square cutouts to mount AAR ducktail spoiler. The below are images for the T/A-version templates. Cuda templates are similar.
1680063365824.png

Last edited:

bc3j

Reaction score
I don’t know if this will be of any help. When I had my T/A spoiler installed as to physical position on the trunk, when looking down from the top about 1/4” of the trunk is visible. When looking straight from the rear of the car about 1/2” of the trunk is visible. Both the body shop and myself found this location independently of each other. Very happy with that position on the trunk. Naturally, I don’t remember where I found it. It’s been installed 10 years ago. For the TA from the factory the trunk has a 1 1/2” strip painted black. Don’t know about the AAR.

IMG_0382.jpeg

boydsdodge

Reaction score
Can the spoilers be installed with modern adhesive ? The double sided tapes used on later cars for some accessories.

pschlosser

Reaction score
I don't think so, and here is why. Heat from the sun heats the deck lid, softens the tape, and after a quick kick of the throttle that sucker just may blow right off onto the freeway.

Recall these spoilers are actually functional, so there will be force pushing on it. In my opinion, you want to bolt it to the decklid nice and proper.

Back