• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Advantage to move springs in?

mayhem

Reaction score
I have a D60 from a B-body I want to use under my Challenger using offset spring mounting brackets. I have been told this will gain 1" per side. Or, would it be reasonable to move the springs/perches inboard to the frame rails - with obligatory mini-tubs of course. I'd like to fit 325s in the rear wheel pockets. Has anyone here done this? Any other mods I would need to make?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The dana needs to be the correct year B body as dimentions change in different years .
315 should fit ok on 15" wheels & if you are using 17" 325 will fit as there is less sidewall bulge .
Splitting the wheel tub & moving it over is another possibility but you will need to notch into the frame rail for the front mount .

heminut

Reaction score
Some of the classic car insurance companies may deny you insurance. I know that Hagerty specifically asked if I had wheel tubs and I had to provide pictures of the trunk area to prove that I didn't when I got insurance from them. They specifically told me they would not insure a car with tubs or mini tubs.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Mini tubs can be concealed very well if the work is done well as it will use the factory inner stampings

mayhem

Reaction score
Good to know CP. Rear end is a 1966 B-body D60 from Currie; flange to flange is 54.346" per the spec sheet that came with the rear end. I plan to use 15x10" rims with a 5" offset using the offset front mount/rear shackle kit. If this isn't possible, I'm ok with moving the springs & tubbing it. Car goes up on jackstands Thurs & we'll start measuring things. I hear what you're saying 'Nut; we'll see how things go with the build but wiill keep the possible insurance issue in the back of my mind. Glad there are such knowledgeable folks here to keep me on the straight and narrow. Thanks to both of you.

Cudapile

Reaction score
Good to know CP. Rear end is a 1966 B-body D60 from Currie; flange to flange is 54.346" per the spec sheet that came with the rear end. I plan to use 15x10" rims with a 5" offset using the offset front mount/rear shackle kit. If this isn't possible, I'm ok with moving the springs & tubbing it. Car goes up on jackstands Thurs & we'll start measuring things. I hear what you're saying 'Nut; we'll see how things go with the build but wiill keep the possible insurance issue in the back of my mind. Glad there are such knowledgeable folks here to keep me on the straight and narrow. Thanks to both of you.

Where are you buying the offset shackle kit.

mayhem

Reaction score
Any parts & pieces needed will come from Cass (Dr Diff) for sure. I don't think I've ever read a bad review about his service. Very helpful guy from what I understand.

Cratos

Reaction score
I put an A-body 8-3/4 and one inch offset spring hangers on mine and 295-50-15's on 15 x 10 keystones fit right on with room to spare.

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

Cratos

Reaction score
Thank you
15 x 10 keystones Klassics. and superstock springs ( I like the old school rake look) with 1 inch off set hanger kit

Back