• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Aero heads

Moparbandit

Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought some Aero Heads for my 440... has anyone run these heads before? Good points... Bad points... tips... their 452 castings with 200cc intake port volume 2.19 x 1.88 ss valves and hardened seats... what kind of power gains can I expect over stock if any and will it be hard to tune these into my street strip car... thanks in advance for the advice

moparleo

Reaction score
Your question can't be answered with only that much info. The cylinder head is basically the major restriction to the air pump we call an engine.The cylinder head will determine the intake side ( Carb, cfm,jetting etc..., manifold single plane,dual plane, hi-rise, tunnel ram, port size etc. cam type lift, duration/centerline, spring type and ,rocker type,ratio ... and on the exhaust side Manifolds,headers,large or small tube, long or short collectors, exhaust pipe diameter, h-pipe, muffler type Etc.....trans type and gearing,vehicle weight,rearend gearing and tire diameter, fuel octane, ignition type Whew! A whole lot to consider when you buy 1 part of the whole assembly. Everything must work together or you just bought parts.
What do you have and what do you expect from it?
Sometimes I just ramble on.....

Last edited:

Moparbandit

Reaction score
Right now the engine is mildly built... .030 over, flat top pistons, the block is decked, 509 purple cam, duel plain intake demon carb, 1 7/8 headers through 2.5in H pipe and flowmaster mufflers... I run an A833 4 speed with a 3.23 or 3.91 gear... As far as what I want... I want the car to perform and still be streetable... I'm not building a race car so much as a head turner... I know a good set of heads can wake up any car so I figured what the hell :)

moparleo

Reaction score
Now we're talkin. I like it. Someone who knows what he wants. Not only a good set of heads but properly setup heads really make the difference. Now find a local shop that can dyno tune your ride and have fun. Mopar or no car...

Last edited:
Back