• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Aftermarket (AMD) quarter panel installation adjustment

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
If I recall the picture of the damage 1/4. There was extensive damage. Maybe I'm thinking of something else. The damage would roll or pull the top portion down. I don't recall the phase of the project where it is at. If you could not move top back up, after removing damaged area. You might have to replace all of it. I'll post a few pictures that might help.

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
This gives you an idea what it should be.
1707960797606.jpeg
1707960915865.jpeg
1707961034504.jpeg

RYO5566

Reaction score
If I recall the picture of the damage 1/4. There was extensive damage. Maybe I'm thinking of something else. The damage would roll or pull the top portion down. I don't recall the phase of the project where it is at. If you could not move top back up, after removing damaged area. You might have to replace all of it. I'll post a few pictures that might help.
Thank you for your kind advice!
Are the photos showing the difference in height of the tail lamp panels?
In my current work situation, the heights of the tail lamp panel and trunk lid panel, and the heights of the filler neck panel and trunk lid panel are symmetrically matched.
In that situation, only the center of the left quarter panel is approximately 3/16 inch lower than the trunk lid panel.

Rich Followell

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind advice!
Dynacorn is also a high quality body panel!
I was disappointed that I couldn't choose when I ordered the parts at Summit.
As you advised, the Japanese expert who looked at the condition of my car also told me not to use the whole panel, just the corroded part!
After all, it's best to keep as much of the original parts as possible when repairing!
I have enjoyed this conversation, best of luck as you proceed with your project.

Back