• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Aftermarket Gauge Locations

VillaTA

Reaction score
Looking to add a water temp gauge to my TA. I have the 8 track radio. Looking for some experience on the best location. Also looking for brand recommendations that dont look like a cheap gauge from autozone.

moparleo

Reaction score
Mopar Performance has Mopar labeled gauges by Auto Meter and Stewart-Warner are a few. Under the dash but where you can see them if you don't want to have holes that are visible.

Last edited:

VillaTA

Reaction score
I'm guessing your water temp gauge is not working?or you think you want a temp read out?
Yes I am looking for a temp read out. My gauge is working however I’d like to see any potential problems before they get too severe.

70chall440

Reaction score
I built this for my 70 Challenger and really like it. I pretty much use Autometer exclusively but have used a variety of others, find a look you want and that will compliment your interior. The gauges in the picture are relatively cheap Equus gauges I got at O'Reillys but have since replaced them with Autometer units.

Gauge console 02.JPG

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Back in the day more than yesterday. I believe I have seen gauges that had an light on then. Some of the wall company. It would give you a warning. There is something to be said for idiot lights.gauges are an instrument to warn of potential problems.if you pay attention.

DaveBob

Reaction score
Looking to add a water temp gauge to my TA. I have the 8 track radio. Looking for some experience on the best location. Also looking for brand recommendations that dont look like a cheap gauge from autozone.
I added a vacuum gauge and a fuel pressure gauge. I picked Autometer gauges that matched the stock white on black format. Then, I used a two gauge mounting bracket, also from Autometer, but transferred the hole pattern of the holes that were already there, so I didn't drill any new holes. I also drilled and tapped a nut plate from some scrap .25 thick 6061 aluminum, so I didn't have to hassle with individual nuts and washers inside the dash frame channel. You can see where the gauges are located, relative to the vent controls. Next, I used the green bulb covers, supplied with the gauges, to match the stock lighting, although the green doesn't show very well in my picture. Last, I wired the gauge lights to the orange wiring that is controlled by the factory dimmer for the gauge lights, so I can dim the new gauges the same as the stock gauges.
Gauge Picture.jpg

Back