• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AM radio with rear speaker

grandaddy

Reaction score
Hello all- I have a 70 cuda that I think came with a am/fm radio with rear speaker. Now, the car has a AM radio(disconnected), a three terminal dash fader switch(with all the wires cut, and a disconnected rear speaker. I would like to use the current AM system in the car and have both speakers working with a fader capability. Did the AM radios have a separate fader switch or was it controlled by the radio? If need be, can I use the fader switch? I would like to make this system operational. Suggestions???
Thank You

moparlee

Reaction score
I am not sure if a 70 cuda is any different, but my 71 Challenger with an AM radio and rear speakers has a separate dash fader switch. Original factory setup.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that most am/fm radios had a 3 speaker dash pad, with a speaker control on the right side behind the dash. My 70 cuda had a am radio 1 speaker in the dash and 1 in the left rear package tray with a fader in the panel beside the heater controls. Wards radio repair has a great site to help identify E body radios and speaker combinations

grandaddy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Appears that mine should have the dash fader. Thanks for the tip about Wards radio repair. Grandaddy

Back