• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Another newbie in the house

northstart

Reaction score
Hello from freezing Finland!
I got my first Mopar just recently 👍💪

Found it from CA, Sacramento area and shipped overseas. It is 1970 Challenger project car which hasn't been running for 25 years. Solid body, just small areas in co-driver footwell and behind rear wheels need new sheet metal. Frame is also good, only surface rust. Previous owner had unfortunately passed away so I don't have info about the car's history. It is LA built car so could have stayed in CA whole time. It was originally 318+727, now 440+727.

This forum has been helpful already and very interesting to read. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions during the build. I have also watched the YouTube channel where Dylan McCool works his Challenger. That's about the same "level" work that I'm planning to do.
I'm excited to start the build 😎 Thanks for the good forum!

20220207_1427182.jpg

northstart

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! :thankyou:
Started to disassemble the car so here it goes - no problems how to spend my spare time in coming 5 years or so.. 😄 I took the ign plugs out and squirted some acetone+ATF into cylinders. Seller said that the engine is not stuck, so I have high hopes and fingers crossed. I'll let it cook a week or two before trying to turn it.

northstart

Reaction score
:welcome:aboard. I wouldn't even worry about trying to start it. If it has sat that long it is likely time for a rebuild anyway.
Get a service manual and have fun.
Yes you're correct the engine needs to be rebuilt, but if it runs now, I'll work the car to pass the registration inspection (brakes, suspension, lights, horn, wipers,..)
Thanks I downloaded the service manual, that's going to be helpful for sure.

I have not found the broadcast sheet but was able to decode the fender tag. The car is base model without extras, and it had 904, not 727 from factory. Interesting fact is the built date 8-20-1969. Seems to be one of the earlier Challengers 👴🙂

Back