• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Any repair/upgrade parts for clocks....

bandit 73

Reaction score
Guys, trying to get ready for repairs to my factory Rally gauge pack on my 73 to get them all working. Did some trouble shooting to the tach and found I do have voltage to both the gray, from neg. coil, and blue wires , 12vdc, to the tach. Still not working. So, have ordered the replacement printed circuit board for an upgrade when I pull the gauge pack. Now to the clock, not working. I do believe it does have voltage , but not 100% sure. Are there any kit upgrades for the clock. Would like to have anything available to repair it before I get it pulled, or an aftermarket unit if I cannot fix it. Thanks

benguin

Reaction score
Quartz conversion kits are the way to go for reliability. I did mine 25 years ago. You do lose the "tick tick tick" and the "clink" of the spring rewind mechanism though. I saved my old mechanism in case someone ever wants to put it back in for authenticity.

bandit 73

Reaction score
Thanks y'all. Hoo, the link was still good and I got one ordered. They hit pretty hard on the shipping. I m shipping Holleys out for rebuilds for what the charge for that small , light quartz assemble.....but , time to get er going. Next is to order a new dash pad. Plan is to pull it and fix it all....thanks much.

cv70chall

Reaction score
I did the Quartz conversion on mine. Works great!

Back