• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

anybody ever wonder about the 64 cuda to the mustang

Reaction score
ok i was just thinkin about how the barracuda hit the streets 2 weeks before the mustang and yet the mustang is called the pony car

i think its called the first ponycar cause it a "mustang" a horse dduuuhhh
the plymouth is called a barracuda "fish" you cant name a car after a fish and expect people to call it a pony car what do you think

burntorange70

Reaction score
I always thought of the E body Cuda and Challenger as pony cars. Same with the A body Cuda and Dart. I just think a lot of people don't know that they are pony cars is all. The Dart did not do to bad in the early days of TransAm. Bob tuluse I think his name was won two or three races and that was a privatere up aganst factory ford and chevy teams. I think he could have done well if Mopar would have got into it the first two years and backed him.

Rob C

Reaction score
I think that the style of small sporty car gets the "Poiny" title due to the stang, but I don't see it on a E body and never did allthough I have been told it is. I just say whatever, it's huge for a pony car, maybe, Clydesdale? (Ouch! Spelling!)

Rob C

Reaction score
Well, the E body is a shortened B body and the A bodies in general, werent all that small. They did get a label from the Gov. as "Compact" and the E didn't. I still think them big for the pony car label.

The 70 stang did indeed get big. good looking as well.

js29

Reaction score
E-bodies are huge compared to an A-body. They also became Chrysler Camaros in 70. It was a smart move.
I agree, as far as the term pony car, i remember reading something about a writer in a magazine doing a revenue on the mustang and gave it that name because of it's long front end and it's short back end.

Back