• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anybody have this issue with brake lines?

383RT

Reaction score
I purchased a complete Front to Rear brake line kit and for the most part had no issues with the Front to Rear line or the Front left to right line. It’s when it came time to install the lines from the master cylinder to the combination valve that things went wrong. The lines are not even close to being in the correct location. I called the company and discussed the issue but they won’t take them back now because it’s outside their return window. For a fee I can send my originals and they will make new ones based on those. Look at the picture and let me know what you guys think. Top pic is the new set and the bottom pic is the old set. Is this just a bad set of lines? I can’t believe they would make them that far off.

FB6C2442-3BF8-41B3-A63C-6E1B4F07B4BC.jpeg

moparleo

Reaction score
The bottom lines don't look right. You don't say what the exact application or year. Disc? Drum ? Power or standard ? All different.
Whose lines ? How long ago did you buy them from the manufacturer ? More details help a lot.

moparroy

Reaction score
Looks to me like all you need to do is bend the blue ended line up closer to the other one maybe 15 or 20 degrees at the combo line end. Maybe the combo valve end of that one got bent back in shipping or in storage
I did have to finesse the lines I bought around the combo valve and other spots. The lines from valve to wheels were worse in my case as I recall.
That was one reason I did not go for SS lines - harder to bend - I figured some adjustment would be needed.

383RT

Reaction score
The application is for a 1970 Challenger with power front disc and rear drum brakes. All components are stock with no modifications. The brake line kit came from Inline Tube about 6 months ago.

I’ve owned the car since March 1980, so unless the brake lines were replaced before that, then as far as I know the ones in the bottom picture are the originals.

Does anyone have pictures of a set they think is original?

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Here's mine believed to be original before restoration, super track pac car so disc/drum.
Andy

IMG_20230122_142529925.jpg

IMG_20230122_142538778_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
I have never had any issues with brake or fuel lines from Inline Tube. Sure maybe need to tweek them a little, but nothing much more than that.

Like moparroy said, just bend the bottom one up some. Use a tubing bender

383RT

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic’s and advice. I’ll give tweaking the lines a try and if it doesn’t work out or I’m not happy with them, then I’ll send my originals in to Inline Tube and have them duplicated.

gs73rallye

Reaction score
Your lines that you say are your old ones have definitely been replaced before. Those are not factory bends.

cuda joe

Reaction score
I had that problem with stainless steel from inline tube one line was curled the wrong way i straightened it and with a tubing bender bent it the right way

383RT

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture brotow. Can’t really make out the brake lines from that perspective but it looks like you’re working on a pretty nice project.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Pic of Original brake valve set up from my early 1970 Challenger disc brake/drum rear. I replaced my set up with In Line Tube parts and lines. Really no fitment issues. This setup has the proportioning valve on the front frame rail.

Hope this helps.

1675089118532.jpeg

383RT

Reaction score
Okay, good to know on the fitment from Inline. Chuck from Inline is looking into the issue now. I hope to have something worked out soon. Very nice picture.Thanks.

Back