• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anyone ever see this before

Cudachuck

Reaction score
1000006600.jpg

The I should be a 1

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have not seen that before. However, my Dad had a 66 Charger before and the VIN and title had a 5 where the 6 should be. Obviously, there were no 65 Chargers.

Last edited:

chally71e

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my car has that issue. I took I to mean 1...

tonysrt

Reaction score
They don't use O's and I's in Vin's because of the confusion it may cause. They only use 1's and zero's in the vin.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
What Does it show on the title? I have heard of it but never seen it. Substituting an other digit for a mistaken or misplaced digit. DAM humans they should be replaced by Robots.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
If the factory did not use O's and I's then there would not have been the ability to even include an I on the number machine, most likely.
Would this be a remade vin tag then?

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Here is an example of what should be a 1 and looks like an I or T 😬to my eye. Cowl and core support. Dash ,door and fender tag and hidden vin also a 1. There is a little mystery for ones mind.
1708961857984.jpeg

Xcudame

Reaction score
There's not supposed to be I's or O's used in a VIN or fender tags. But with Mopar, you can never say never. It's kinda suspicious to me, but I've never seen the factory typing machine that actually made the VINs. Seems they would have removed the "I" and "O" to avoid this type of thing.

Cudachuck

Reaction score
If the factory did not use O's and I's then there would not have been the ability to even include an I on the number machine, most likely.
Would this be a remade vin tag then?
I posted this on Facebook and people have posted pics of there vin tags with I's instead of 1's

tonysrt

Reaction score
I would think the workers wouldn't have access to the O's and I's because they know somebody would incorrectly use them. Could it be workers playing games? Anything is possible, maybe an April 1st Vin.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Only in a perfect world. The letters know their place in the alphabet and the numbers know there place in the number line.
The 1's are 1's and the I's are I's.
The 1 wanted to Identify as a I.
THE WHO, WHO ARE YOU! is that where it all started?

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
So, no connection to plants from hidden vins.
No way to track if this is something coming out of one plant or all.
I guess everyone with an I in their vin is scared to post the full vin because they will be ridiculed and the value of their car goes down. Quite unfortunate.
Looks like the only connection able to be put together would be that this happened in the year 71 only.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
It's a misnomer phrase. Hidden vin that can't be seen without removing some other part. Not in direct view of the casual observer. There were vins on the the frames and trunk gutter, but not on an Ebody. This is one of the things I refer to as a hidden vin.found in the dash. Looks like fender tag info. There are others, broadcast sheet, or other production information if left there. If it survives.
1709043254738.jpeg

Back