• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anyone knoiw where this wire should go to?

b00sted

Reaction score
It is plugged into either the bracket or the side of the brake light switch. Car is a 70 Challenger. I cannot tell as I had rotator cuff surgery and cannot get all the way down there to see it. It is the dark red terminal coming off on the side of the bracket. WP_20141121_011.jpg

WP_20141121_011.jpg

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
It does not look like a factory connector, so there is no telling where it goes. Trace the wire back and see where it goes.

b00sted

Reaction score
it is plugged in on the bracket or switch the other end is just hanging in the floor board.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The brake switch is a power source that is many times used for alarms or aftermarket audio equipment. I'll bet it had something to do with one of those things.

b00sted

Reaction score
I know this wire must be serving as a ground of some sort as I have blinkers, tail lights with headlights on but no brake lights. If I tap into the brown wire running to the back the brake lights will work on one side.

How does this make any since?

b00sted

Reaction score
Is there a ground that goes to the harness that feeds the brake lights?

Mike73Dodge

Reaction score
bOOsted.

I would suspect that this wire went to an aftermarket Cruise Control. Stepping on the brake would shut it off.

Back