• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Beauty ring adjustment

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I managed to install two of the beauty rings, but the other two will not secure to the wheel. It looks like the tabs are bent out too far to capture the steel lip of the wheel. I tried (VERY CAREFULLY) to try and bend the two tabs over, but they are tough, and I don't want to snap/break them. I have extra rings with extra tabs, can they be removed and reinstalled?

wheels.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
I use an old tool that has a large flat end ( like a screwdriver) and a rubber mounted on the shaft at an angle.
A rubber mallet and large screwdriver will work just fine.
I always set the hole for valve stem and gentle tap around until it’s seated.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
So, I broke one of the tabs, bent another, and am unable to remove either on the two styles of trim rings I currently have. I plan to purchase a full new set. At Year One or Classic Industries, they have polished and brushed aluminum available for my 15" Rallye wheels on my 73 Challenger. They say polished is for 1970 and brushed aluminum is 71-74. As I look at my current rings, they look more like stainless, but they are only available for 14" wheels, strange? I want a good reflection like my current rings, so I am leaning towards the chrome ones (even though I have a 73) as the brushed ones do not look like they will reflect the half holes of the Rallye wheel very well. Any thoughts or recommendations?

moparleo

Reaction score
You never said the width of the rims. The 6 1/2 factory rim is the most common and most 15" trim rings are for this size. Some guys use them on the 7" because original 7" rings are $$$
The polished rings can be made to look brushed using a wheel balancer or whatever you can spin the rims with and s/s steel wool. The procedure has been in Mopar magazines and probably Youtube as well. I also assume you have the rings that attach to the edge where the wheel weights attach. There are also trim rings that attach to the inner lip of the rim.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
You never said the width of the rims. The 6 1/2 factory rim is the most common and most 15" trim rings are for this size. Some guys use them on the 7" because original 7" rings are $$$
The polished rings can be made to look brushed using a wheel balancer or whatever you can spin the rims with and s/s steel wool. The procedure has been in Mopar magazines and probably Youtube as well. I also assume you have the rings that attach to the edge where the wheel weights attach. There are also trim rings that attach to the inner lip of the rim.
I have the 15"x7" Rallye wheels. Thanks for the link and input. Just ordered 4. Hope they fit as they say Rally wheels (GM), fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I have the 15"x7" Rallye wheels. Thanks for the link and input. Just ordered 4. Hope they fit as they say Rally wheels (GM), fingers crossed.
SWEET! They fit and look close enough to the original ones I had before breaking one of the clips. I will go ahead and sell the real deal ORIGINAL ones I have to someone that really needs them more than I do. So, 2 are perfect, 2 have a non-op clip. I understand the clips can be switched out, but not be me, I lack the expertise.

Back