• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bench seat Cuda

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Hey new user lol

I just recently bought the car of my dreams a 1970 barracuda. It came with a bench seat AKA the Bucket back bench seat with arm rest. Now I havent seen many if any challengers or cudas with these particular seats so in my curse to always want to be different I want to save them and use them also to keep with the car. this is where the problems arise.

1 I'm missing the backs to the main seats. Do the regular high bucket backs work on the bench seat?
2 If not where or who can I talk to about finding said backs for the bench seat?
3 I want a pistol grip worse than this bench seat IS it possible to keep this seat and have a four speed hump tranny?
4. Who wants this bench seat if i cant?

I Honestly plan to never sell this car unless my future child needs a major organ transplant haha. So if it means the seat doesnt move or maybe a little cut and splice I dont mind the answers. I want to keep it as original as possible but still my dream car. Also before the purest go nuts its a regular 318 auto column shift barracuda. Im not cutting up a 1 of 5 car.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The answer to #1 and #3 is yes. The seat backs are the same but you have to cut one of the lower mounting "ears" off of it to fit the bench seat. #3. I know of it being done with a bench seat pistol grip shifter from a B body. It took some modifications but is possible.

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
The answer to #1 and #3 is yes. The seat backs are the same but you have to cut one of the lower mounting "ears" off of it to fit the bench seat. #3. I know of it being done with a bench seat pistol grip shifter from a B body. It took some modifications but is possible.

Thanks man I was hoping so. But I also like to ask those that went down this path before me lol.

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
I have actually planned on putting it in the car now as I have seen that almost every car at the shows have nothing but buckets. Sorry.

Eric Griffith

Reaction score
I have actually planned on putting it in the car now as I have seen that almost every car at the shows have nothing but buckets. Sorry.
I had one of those in Mine as well 30 years ago, and now I can't find it.
I wish I knew what happened to it?

quapman

Reaction score
If you need to look at one for refrence, I'm down the road in Asheboro. My 70 Challenger has a bench.

Back