• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Best Dash Pad Company

Ariovistus

Reaction score
Hello. A friend is restoring His 70 Plymouth Cuda. H was trying to figure out what the best dash Pad Company to go with. I know Just Dashes does good work, but are a bit pricey. He saw an ad for Dash Pad Pros out of El Paso Texas. Does anyone here have any thoughts on this? Thank You

Big Wayne

Reaction score
I got mine out of El Paso. Picked it up in person and was impressed by the level of restoration. Original cores. And all the machinery to do it right.

Ariovistus

Reaction score
I got mine out of El Paso. Picked it up in person and was impressed by the level of restoration. Original cores. And all the machinery to do it right.
Thank You Big Wayne. Are These Guys are different from Ultimate Rides, Also in El Paso?

BSG

Reaction score
My just dash's pad went bad after 5 or 6 years sitting in the garage w/o any substantial
time in the sun im picking up 2 from the texas guys to replace the just dash's pad in my 72 and the 71 RT im almost finished building now. Its been a minute since the just dash's transaction but i wanna say it $1200 to $1400 hundi back then. The Tx guys gave me a pretty good deal. I bought 2 at once. To be honest the resentment i have for jd is pretty strong! Nothing worse than having to yank the whole dash out because the thing is bubbling right in front of the driver above the cluster. i hope i have a better outcome with these 2. only time will tell.

Marty.

Reaction score
Be careful, I did not have a good experience with Ms.Foxx. She cost me twice on a 1970 Cuda dashpad. She took my core and $$$ on the first purchase. Dashpad Factory, Ultimate Rides, and Dashpad Pros are all owned by the same people in El Paso.

Katfish

Reaction score
I would never buy from Dash pros unless I saw it in person, many horror stories, me included, do a search, this was discussed here not long ago.
Unfortunately there are not many options

heminut

Reaction score
I got my dash pad from the Dash Pad Factory in El Paso and was extremely happy with it. That being said, I agree with what others have said about them, it's probably best if you can deal with them directly and look the pad over before accepting it. I had that option since I only live about an hour and a half away from them. They had a factory A/C pad in stock and it looked great, but I needed a non-A/C pad so they had to make one for me. I did have to pay for it up front ($1200) and it took about a week longer than what she originally told me but I picked it up and checked it right there in front of her to make sure it was okay. There was also about 3 days in a row that I couldn't get her on the phone.

Ariovistus

Reaction score
My just dash's pad went bad after 5 or 6 years sitting in the garage w/o any substantial
time in the sun im picking up 2 from the texas guys to replace the just dash's pad in my 72 and the 71 RT im almost finished building now. Its been a minute since the just dash's transaction but i wanna say it $1200 to $1400 hundi back then. The Tx guys gave me a pretty good deal. I bought 2 at once. To be honest the resentment i have for jd is pretty strong! Nothing worse than having to yank the whole dash out because the thing is bubbling right in front of the driver above the cluster. i hope i have a better outcome with these 2. only time will tell.
BSG, I am so Sorry You had a bad experience with JD. Don't they come with a Lifetime warranty? I understand the frustration. Thank You for Your Kind response. I wish You well with the Dshes form Texas. They seem Like Reasonable Folks.

Ariovistus

Reaction score
Be careful, I did not have a good experience with Ms.Foxx. She cost me twice on a 1970 Cuda dashpad. She took my core and $$$ on the first purchase. Dashpad Factory, Ultimate Rides, and Dashpad Pros are all owned by the same people in El Paso.
Marty, Thank You. I am Sorry You had a bad Experience. I Hope You can find a better place to fix Your Dash.

Ariovistus

Reaction score
I got my dash pad from the Dash Pad Factory in El Paso and was extremely happy with it. That being said, I agree with what others have said about them, it's probably best if you can deal with them directly and look the pad over before accepting it. I had that option since I only live about an hour and a half away from them. They had a factory A/C pad in stock and it looked great, but I needed a non-A/C pad so they had to make one for me. I did have to pay for it up front ($1200) and it took about a week longer than what she originally told me but I picked it up and checked it right there in front of her to make sure it was okay. There was also about 3 days in a row that I couldn't get her on the phone.
Heminut, I am Glad You were able to get a good Deal on Your Dash. Do You know what kind of warranty they offer?

Ariovistus

Reaction score
I would never buy from Dash pros unless I saw it in person, many horror stories, me included, do a search, this was discussed here not long ago.
Unfortunately there are not many options
Thank You Katfish. A friend found one from Year One, But it was tan, and He needed it in Black. He was considering Vinyl dye, But I would be afraid of peeling.

Ariovistus

Reaction score

Ariovistus

Reaction score
BSG, So Sorry about the JD experience. Don't they offer a lifetime warranty? I Hope You have better Luck with the Texas folks.

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Hello. A friend is restoring His 70 Plymouth Cuda. H was trying to figure out what the best dash Pad Company to go with. I know Just Dashes does good work, but are a bit pricey. He saw an ad for Dash Pad Pros out of El Paso Texas. Does anyone here have any thoughts on this? Thank You
I used Dash Pad Pros for my 71 - very happy with the results. they did a great job and it was around $800....TJ

BSG

Reaction score
Have you looked at Legendary Interiors, I bought one for my 69 Charger, it’s holding up well.

I’m’ all but sure legendary and classic industries get their dash from one of the two as a matter of fact the Texas guy did menchion they had to repro vents for the ac dash’s they were making for classic

heminut

Reaction score
Heminut, I am Glad You were able to get a good Deal on Your Dash. Do You know what kind of warranty they offer?
I don't. I don't remember if we even discussed a warranty when I got my pad. That was about two years ago and my memory isn't what it used to be. Sorry!

BSG

Reaction score
Well I'm picking up 2 in a couple weeks and this has got me more than a little skeptical. I've seen the dash's they do in person, the one's they had at the show were mint. This has me feeling more than uneasy. The Mopar crowd, besides wanting too much for the stuff laying around in their garages/barns are about 99% great people, so you get to trusting people, then you get **ck'd! I'm glad its an in person hand off.... These threads are more than concerning.

Back