• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Best full gasket set for engine and transmission

jyrgen

Reaction score

jyrgen

Reaction score
I received the ordered goods. next question now. The new filter is much bigger... can I use it if it fits, or do I still need to find a smaller filter? What's the deal with these filters? Does the difference still depend on the production date of the transmission?

filter.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
The bigger filter came out in the mid 70s if my memory is right! Use the big filter, it's what I always use. It fits and obviously has more filtering capacity. I don't even know if they make the smaller filter anymore.

By the way, looks like your transmission 3.8 kick down lever ( two ribs), which is good!

jyrgen

Reaction score
The bigger filter came out in the mid 70s if my memory is right! Use the big filter, it's what I always use. It fits and obviously has more filtering capacity. I don't even know if they make the smaller filter anymore.

By the way, looks like your transmission 3.8 kick down lever ( two ribs), which is good!
Is this 3.8 kick down lever original, or is the transmission in the past overhauled?

Xcudame

Reaction score
It's most likely the original lever because of the Cuda's 383hp! The small stock filter suggests it hasn't been overhauled recently if ever.

Back