• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

best place to buy a transmission.

72 fishbone

Reaction score
serious question, I'm looking for a great place to purchase a bullet proof transmission and torque converter for my 72 Cuda I'm running a 550 stroker wth 690 hp and I've destroyed 2 TCI garbage transmissions .
is there a reputable place I can call to get a good one? also has anyone ever heard of SMR Transmissions? if so, are they any good.

Thank you

Matt Johnson

Reaction score
A&A transmission in Camby Indiana... Rick can build you whatever you want... I called him earlier this week and he told me the wait is currently 6-10 months which is a bummer

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Looking for a bulletproof transmission with that HP, the A41 4-speed automatic perfectfit kit from Silver Sport Transmission. That’s if you don’t mind modifying your trans tunnel a little. I was going to go that route until I decided to install a five speed.

Don Benson

Reaction score
Stay far away from Silver Sport Transmission if you’re looking for an automatic kit as you possibly can. They might be a great source for manual kits but I continue to have a nightmare with my A41 kit sourced from them. It arrived with a mystery leak they wouldn’t try to resolve and even though I confirmed the driveshaft length dimension with them numerous times it arrived too long. Super costly to correct these issues and I’m still without waiting for the next unknown problem.

RICO

Reaction score
I have a 727 transmission and torque converter for sale I had it in my 1970 528 Hemi cuda...it was just rebuild ready to go.....you can call me with any questions 909-851-4046

Back