• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Body filler recommendation

btceng

Reaction score
I have been using some Evercoat filler that I'm not that impressed with. What's everyone else using? Looking for smoothness and sand-ability. Also, this stuff hardens in record time. I would like a slower setting product that would allow for working a larger area. I see a lot of people using a bright green filler. This that I have comes out blue gray.

71 challenger

Reaction score
I just finished all the body work on my car and used Evercoat rage(it's bright green in color. I've done a lot of body work over the years but am by no means a pro. I skim coated the whole car with rage, longborded with 60 grit then went over the whole car with icing(super thin filler that fills all the sanding marks feathers out nice and sands well - made by USC).
Also try a little less hardener(especially if its hot out or if you mix it outside in the sunlight) when you mix your filler then you'll get a little longer working time

Hope this helps

btceng

Reaction score
Mine is not Rage but I have seen it used a lot. I have played around with hardener but it comes out sticky if not enough hardener. I'm gonna try something different. I think mine is lightweight filler in a more or less white can. Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW, is the icing a 2k product?

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
I was using RAGE Gold for many years, but have switched to this 3M Platinum Plus filler and I love it! I've been using it for about two years now. It works really well and sands nice too!

Of course this is a picture of a 3 gallon drum, but they do sell it in smaller amounts.

01130_Marson_Platinum_Plus_1130.jpg

btceng

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm interested in the sprayable filler. I was looking into Slick Sand. I have finally got my quarter patch welded on and now it's time to glaze over it and the rest of the body. The trunk is trimmed and prepped for a new 2 piece floor and extension. I'm going to use panel adhesive on the frame rails and floor supports, but weld the perimeter.

71 challenger

Reaction score
I used slick sand on my car and was pleased with the outcome. however it sprayed a lot different than paint and you need a large orafice gun 2.0 or larger. I sanded with 180grit then primered and it looks great.

Back