• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Borgeson steering

Cratos

Reaction score
has anyone switched to the borgeson kit on a A/C big block? how was the fit, did you have to mod the top bolt mount.

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have it in a 71 Cuda with a Hemi and no problem. Also I have the stock exhaust manifold, no headers. Steering box is so much smaller and lighter and steers so much better than original box.

Cratos

Reaction score
I have it in a 71 Cuda with a Hemi and no problem. Also I have the stock exhaust manifold, no headers. Steering box is so much smaller and lighter and steers so much better than original box.
is it an AC car? that is my concern with the thickness of the bracket will machining be needed,

tonysrt

Reaction score
My car isn't AC. Are you converting to PS from manual steering? May be call Peter from Bergman Autocraft who is a contributor here and probably has the answer. My car was a PS car to begin with, came with a 383, and had to make no changes when I went with the Gen 2 hemi.

tonysrt

Reaction score
Then what bracket would interfere with the steering box?

tonysrt

Reaction score
the AC mounts in the same place as the upper PS mount.
I know I had a 77 Cordoba with a 400 B engine and it had AC and PS. So it is doable. If you run into a problem maybe someone could help with the proper mounting plate. I looked in the 71 Parts book and they don't use different brackets for AC and PS. Only different between LA and B engine bracket.

Back