• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Brake booster rebuild ?

70chall440

Reaction score
I always rebuilt my own, they are not hard to do, pretty simple devices unless it has the crimped rim then you might need a pro with a machine to do it.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I’ve had 3 done this past year with Power Brake Booster Exchange aka booster’s Dewey & Steve. Their work is top notch.

ted s

Reaction score
i cancelled an order and paypal refunded and still got no response

Rons340

Reaction score
I usually do my own as well. I currently have a 10 1/2" Midland that needs rebuilding but the rebuild kits from Classic Industries have been on backorder for months and I have scoured the Web trying to find one with no luck. I am at loss as to where to obtain one. Any suggestions?

70chall440

Reaction score
If you are asking me, no I don't know where you can find any rebuild kits. Its been awhile since I rebuilt one so I am out of touch with sources plus the current parts shortage seems to be affecting everything. I have however bought a replacement booster and gutted it to rebuild a stock one for a guy once.

These days I am pretty much done with boosters for my cars, I am going Hydroboost for my future builds.

Burk11

Reaction score
I can recommend the Power Brake Exchange in San Jose CA. They did the booster for my 70 Challenger, powder coating it black. Works and looks great. They have a lot of experience with the e body boosters as they had two more in work while mine was being done.

Burk11

Reaction score
I bought a remanufactured master cylinder from the The Ram Man in Texas for my 70 challenger with front disk brakes. Had no issues with the master or with their customer service.

ted s

Reaction score
if you got service from the ram man you need to play powerball

70chall440

Reaction score
Well obviously someone doesn't like hydroboost systems... or perhaps its the buying a new booster to rebuild another.. Oh well...guess everyone has an opinion :lol:

Back