• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

By Passing the Ammeter

money pit

Reaction score
I search the web to find out how to by pass the ammeter. I found an article dated Sept 2015, about by passing the ammeter. There was link that described in detail how to do this. The link went to the MAD website. In the article it says to put a 14 GA fusible link between the starter relay and the alternator and a 16 GA fusible link between the starter relay and the by pass of the ammeter. My question is, can I use a inline fuse instead of a fusible link. If so what is the recommended fuse size? Is fusible link safer? Thanks

sixpactogo

Reaction score
The reasoning behind the fusible link, is that it will take a higher amperage spike for a short time before burning off. An inline fuse will not take a spike and will blow at it's rated amps. If you use a fuse in place of the link, you probably want to have a supply on hand if it blows.

money pit

Reaction score
The reasoning behind the fusible link, is that it will take a higher amperage spike for a short time before burning off. An inline fuse will not take a spike and will blow at it's rated amps. If you use a fuse in place of the link, you probably want to have a supply on hand if it blows.
Thanks. Great info. Good to know.

Back