• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

caltracs and mono leafs help..

cuda71

Reaction score
Got new caltracs and mono leafs and installed them,and i think i got the wrong front segment on the leaf..i had the 002 and 003 s/s springs on the car but never drove or raced it with them...so when i got the mono leafs installed it looks like the wheel isnt center in the wheel well.. anyone have these on there car? if they do..do you have a pic? help

burntorange70

Reaction score
If the E bodies are any thing like the A bodies. The wheel, even frome the factory will not be centered in the well. Should be about an inch to far to the front of the well. There are ways to correct this but it is not going to help your wight ditribution any.

cuda71

Reaction score
If the E bodies are any thing like the A bodies. The wheel, even frome the factory will not be centered in the well. Should be about an inch to far to the front of the well. There are ways to correct this but it is not going to help your wight ditribution any.

Well im not going to be drag racing much at all, so im listening i just want in to look right its driveing me crazy..i had a demon that was like this and i ladder bar it and fix it..but im not cutting my cuda up to get it straight..it looks good lowered though..ill get some pics up this weekend..but any suggestions would be good...thx

burntorange70

Reaction score
The best way I have seen is to put a spacer between the spring hanger and the frame.

I have allso hered of people drilling new holes in the spring perch but don't think that is a very good way to go.

Then there is cutting the front of the rear wheel well off. But that does not sound like some thing you would want to do.

bossmike

Reaction score
Is the caltracs system the best way to get traction and stop wheel hop?
Has anyone tried the ground pounder shock system by just suspension?
I don't want to cut things up.

Back