• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Can someone please tell me this isn’t the secret vin area

fastmark

Reaction score
Well, I’ve been frozen in Texas with no internet so I’ve missed all of your info you posted, Clint. My thoughts? Looks like this guy had a red 70 Challenger hull with no title. So, he had a title to another really rusty car. He swapped the terrible blue dash in and removed the body numbers stamped into the cowl and tossed the fender tag, if it even had one. Now , did he do it or he just buy it that way? Your options are a civil suit (you have to go to his county to file that) or call the law in that county. Again, it’s a big hassle. You will get you nowhere on both options.

I’ve had a law enforcement officer tell me that they are not worried if there are no numbers stamped on the body, but they are worried if they don’t match. Yours have been removed. After a restoration, it could be assumed the original body was repaired with another original body panel and the numbers removed. After all, these cars that are repaired with AMD stuff don’t have the original number stamped in them. Most people just remove the numbers and place them into the new AMD panel. Some people don’t like ever that. So, the lesson is too late but always check that stamped numbers on a car. It’s hard to give you advice on this one. I hate to see you loose you money. Absolutely done buy another car from the same guy. I just sold a complete, rust free 73 Cuda with all the body number and fender tag with no suspicious stuff for $9,000 so cars are out there. You just got lied too.

When you sell this car, you will have to divulge all this information or you could be sued. Tough call here, bud.

chall7–2

Reaction score
I did this more to gain friends in a selfish manner to flip my cards in this car and possibly make a story from it to sell it as a suspicious car than the lower percentage of really caring about what’s happened with it by just being angered over a long term when working out in the shop. Sore sight to anyone is seeing something negative in the shop while working towards a goal it drags down courage of being able to do it. I work for free so it’s the only way for I to build up. In all reality with this car involved i know myself well im going to cool down and think normal then move on taking a major loss from it. A small story like this getting around makes me happier than over blowing it. Just let it go I’ve heard. Also I’m scared of dealing with so much drama id rather just say a small note here and hope people learn to search for information on these cars. We need a QR code metal stamp for each car engine or vin so forth to a certified encrypted safety deposit banking app it goes to... possibly birthed by Chevrolet(going back to my roots saying Chevrolet lol). Thanks fastmark.

chall7–2

Reaction score
Also someone really needs to make a company called THE SALESMEN... SALESMEN INSURANCE.. FOR sellers who get a bad deal can turn it in for a insurance claim.
The salesmen grows in net worth. The seller gets their money back depending on how many strikes 1 2 or 3 they have claimed in one year like that.. be pretty cool. Thanks for e bodies.

chall7–2

Reaction score
Dave’s classic car is cleared in my book. Something before where this car came from is strange... this is where it was sold to in 2009.... beware... there was possibly another challenger here red with a blue one possibly... advise anyone who sold a challenger or knows a move that involves a challenger to this place!

8D84FD97-DCE6-4558-B3B7-42F1DAD3B539.png

Last edited:

chall7–2

Reaction score
I’m probably just going to hold out and possibly buy a dynacorn body when I sell my truck. I’ll wait this out until I feel better. I have a 1981 z28 I can work on after the truck. I’m paranoid yet happy I’ve done this its a sense I don’t have to scheme and conceal trying to build this car anymore but I feel like I’m trying to get my money back also in a wrong manner by anger of all the events that have happened since I bought this car. falling into a repeated process of negative thoughts of ripping people off lying concealing of things like this can make me begin to become it with a material object that confronts me with I cannot do this without ripping someone off. while working other projects around me I look directly at the car and off and it teaches me from memory progression visually emotionally with my surrounding enviroment emotional stability and instability when confronting hard decision making processes. the devil on one shoulder and angel on the other is very intricately hard for me to handle in this situation and yet I tell my dad when writing this article and other articles I can handle this situation.

Last edited:

chall7–2

Reaction score
If we was to build this... possibly a decade after all strings classified behind the subject investigation names places interests are attached to this place are declassified can get my father and I in big trouble...... if we was to restore it and hide its true colors.... ITS MAPPED ON A TITLE.... BECAUSE ITS POSSIBLY A ALIGNMENT OF PINS ON A BOARD WITH INVESTIGATORS IN CLASSIFIED INTELLIGENCE THIS HERE BECAUSE OF WUAT I JUST SAID SHOWS A POSSIBLE PRECOURSER TO FUTURE A FULL FRONTAL INVESTIGATION THAT BECOMES DECLASSIFIED I SENSE.... I SEE A BAD BEGINNING FOR ME HERE THATS WHY IM PARANOID OF WORKING ON THIS CAR....

Last edited:

chall7–2

Reaction score
Here’s the title.

Attachments

• 37A2AF80-5CE5-4952-81F0-1E6D69558C70.jpeg
    37A2AF80-5CE5-4952-81F0-1E6D69558C70.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 155
  • FD7F7F77-F948-495D-A627-29BDCD71957F.jpeg
    FD7F7F77-F948-495D-A627-29BDCD71957F.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 181

fastmark

Reaction score
If you buy a dynocorn body and just swap in the dash, you’ll be doing the same thing. It is legal in some states. I saw an episode of the shop in VA, Phantom Works. They got a 57 Chevy that was so rusty, it could not be saved. They got a dynacorn body. The state said they could remove the numbers from the rusty car and place them on the new one. They just could not “ disturb” the numbers. Go figure. In Texas, the title number to a 57 is connected to the block numbers. How many 57 have there original block? I’d contact some officials that you know who would give you advise with out confiscating the car. Might be worth a shot.

70chall440

Reaction score
Perhaps I missed something along the way but your issue is that you bought a car, it has a title that matches the VIN on the dash but it either doesn't match or the body stamps are not present, is this the issue? Unless I knew this car was a rebody and something is illegal I'd probably drive on but would first get the title changed. How many people across the country buy these cars and never even look at the body stamps?

If you are worried, call up the DMV or State Police (highway police) or whoever deals with things such as this in your state, tell them the situation and see what they tell you. You are getting advice on here from people across the country who all have different experiences and backgrounds but are not officials in your state.

As to the Dynacorn body, I suspect your state has a mechanism to title the car, I believe they come with a MSO.

chall7–2

Reaction score
I post in different intervals;I didn’t post one long single post full of detailed pictures and long paragraphs at the beginning of this thread-A list of problems I can think of within this thread im dealing with about this car at moment during this thread in thinking of each previous posts and thinking before this thread also thinking before I was ever on for e bodies or for b bodies-what this means im saying Im narrow minded one track minded and not writing all the problems on my mind about this car.

the stamps aren’t there I knew that before this posting on for e bodies,suspicious background on title I just found out a few days ago,red and blue interior I knew before I was on for e bodies, mad at the person I bought it from complaining getting his attention.

A few days ago I researching the associated names on the back of the title that hasn’t been transferred within the DMV computer system since 1991. the ACMC by me guessing has been blacklisted within a watch list of businesses associated with illegitimate activity seeing that businesses have a negative review at BBB from reviewers about illegal activities like ACMC I can’t otherwise think differently there records aren’t being investigated observed at least when placed in the spotlight. the ACMC has a review stating they re on ‘police records’ for criminal activity. federal level database can see my title when it’s placed on a computer if it’s blacklisted within Tennessee and not just Illinois.... the title when transferred into my name will alert the government federally that a ACMC past owned 1970 challenger from 2009-2014 has been placed within DMV government records NOW FORSURE STATE LEVEL DATABASE WILL SEE IT. When I build this I will be covering up the true colors of the car and selling it in my name with a Prior blacklisted title.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Have you checked under the cowl for vin number clean all the paint off the top with paint stripper the he may have used paint to fill the vin number also when stamped it will leave a quite noticeable dent on the under side which would be hard to remove with a grinder due to limited access clean the underside with rust remover & take a pic it may be still visible also clean the front of the radiator support with a hand held wire brush not a rotary they are too aggressive it looks like he has heated & hammered the number out but the 0E looks like it is still visible

Last edited:

fastmark

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. You found published evidence that this company, you called ACMC, absolutely is under federal obsevation for Criminal activity?

chall7–2

Reaction score
No I do not have solid proof and don’t have clearance in any government position to attribute such knowledge. All I’m going by is the review wrote on 2019 hasn’t been taken off. A option security personel would do with moderator tools is delete a defamation review. People I believe by me guessing control BBB public reviews for any immature activity or not throughly investigated enough would delete reviews they deem defamation after hearing a ongoing higher percentage of evidence from the business lawyers in their favor. the review should have been deleted along time ago if that company cares or they don’t have enough evidence to prove they re right. Businesses go through childish(immature activity) defamation or not thought out completely enough to review a business on a daily basis especially household business names go through thousands of calls reviews emails from threats to abnormal behavior to god knows what else in this world. I’ve seen some weird reviews I’ll never understand.

chall7–2

Reaction score
Im letting the community know before what I’m doing so I can build the car and not have someone come snooping when I’m building the car and being mad at me like so many others they have done this too. This car is a trap for anyone. After this settles down and I find sanctuary mentally I will begin the build the car red outside inside I don’t know yet also do it in retaliation to someone who gave me the worse deal anyone possibly has had in a decade buying a challenger. if something happens by my thread reported maybe I can boost friendship flip my cards upside down on this car in just tired of being taken advantage of. I feel happier that this is getting the ball moving quicker than a simple phone call that never gets placed into a computer system. It’s sad when multiple amounts of people have to call in to get things rolling making people jobs harder constantly like the Covid 19 vaccine we would probably have a cure for cancer by how much stress was placed on scientific personel to find a answer to the problem.

70chall440

Reaction score
Ok, first off this is your car, you should not give a crap what anyone else thinks about it. Second, build the car the way you want it so you will enjoy it.

chall7–2

Reaction score
This is for another thread but what I’d love to do is Military tan with tan mid brown and wood grain interior with black misc is what I’m really wanting to do with 318 Flat hood sure grip rear end 4 speed 440 six pack with all wheel drive standard height with 27-29 inch tall all terrain tires what Id love to do mad max yet show car look for the street and show in elegance. My dads a very knowledgeable mechanic in engine building so I have help with the motors. I won’t be able to do awd im not smart enough no money also but I ah it’s a dream. Tan I think but I’m so mixed up with this car I’m going in all different directions but pretty sure going to do tan.

chall7–2

Reaction score
I believe the car once was a r/t it does have the r/t emblem holes drilled in the front fender not the standard challenger holes I believe.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Does it have any other features that are R/T specific such as Torque boxes,dual exhaust mounts ,what is the K frame button number & the production date in the lower middle front of the k frame ,has it got a sway bar although it could have been changed .

70chall440

Reaction score
If the car had fender mounted RT badges than it would have the holes in the fenders, however if they got the longitudinal stripe than the would not be any holes since the "R/T" is part of the stripe.

The RT part doesn't mean it would have torque boxes, those were a result of the engine choice such as 440, 440 8 pack and Hemi. I do not know if they 340 and 383 cars got them or were supposed to get them. There are many reports of cars that should have had them that didn't, my 70 Challenger is a 440 car and it has them.

The K frame again has to do with the engine selection, here is a good thread about them I.D. numbers K - Frame Member question

What is the VIN of the car? If it is JS than it should be an RT. All of this information is online many times over but "R/T" was a package or option code and with it came a number of things such as the stripes, performance engine selection, rallye instrument cluster, etc.

The chrome tips dual exhaust could not be had on a CA sold car so an RT sold there would not have or was not supposed to have them.

Are you trying to figure out if your car is an RT or are you trying to make a clone of an RT?

Back