• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Canister mounting location

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Can't seem to figure out where the charcoal canister mounts on my 73 Chally. Even with the windshield water wash bottle removed, the canister bracket will not align with any three holes. As a footnote, when I purchased this car many moons ago, this canister assembly was in a separate box as was the water wash bottle, so they might not be for my 73. The wash bottle fits perfect though.
chally front.jpgchally canister.jpg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Can anyone take a photo of where canister is located? I'll drill holes if necessary. Thanks.

72RoadRunnerGTX

Reaction score
The pictured canister bracket is not correct for the E-body. The mounting holes for the correct bracket (slightly different mounting pattern) appear to be present in the inner fender between the core support and washer bottle.

The correct bracket is pictured here

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
The pictured canister bracket is not correct for the E-body. The mounting holes for the correct bracket (slightly different mounting pattern) appear to be present in the inner fender between the core support and washer bottle.

The correct bracket is pictured here
Well, I drilled holes and this is now mounted nicely between the radiator and the water bottle. It works - photo to follow. It's not a numbers matching car, so no worries.

Back