• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Carpet Question?

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hello,
I want to replace the carpet on my 70 Challenger. The car has a front bench seat and is a column shift. My question is: were all carpets for this car made the same? Are there different carpet patterns made for automatic and standard transmission cars? Four speed cars have the extra "shelf" area on the transmission tunnel "hump" for the pistol shift attachment. Does one size fit all? Any specific part numbers I should be looking for? I am considering installing a carpet from Legendary.

Thanks for your help,

Tirekickertoo

js29

Reaction score
Standard and automatic are different, Legendary makes good products. they will assist you in getting what you need.

B5BLUERT

Reaction score
From all the research I did it seemed like the majority of people preferred the ACC carpet , which you can get from several places, I got mine from Rock Auto which was received in a week . I'm not sure which brand or brands Legendary carries, I ordered seat covers from Lengendary 9 weeks ago and still haven't received them

racerkilla

Reaction score
I went acc on my cuda and it fit pretty good. some trimming but any carpet will need that. Legendary took me almost 3 months to receive the seat covers I ordered

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Wow, Thanks everyone for your replies and advice. Had no idea Legendary had this much delay in shipping. I live near Legendary's production facility and in the past seen ads from time to time looking for help. Maybe this has a something to do with your order delays? I'll start making some contacts to see who has this item in stock.

Thanks again,

Tirekickertoo

fk5aar

Reaction score
This is ACC carpet here and my original beside it, I would recommend them as well

IMG_0961.JPG

Racer57

Reaction score
Order while its warm outside. The carpet comes rolled up and if cold will take awhile to come back to shape. When you do get it, lay it out for a few days.

Back