• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger hood badging

340challconvert

Reaction score
Great A66 Challenger find!

Raptr
Very cool and early A66 Challenger. Never saw a Challenger with the triple green color. Must be pretty unique. Matt was pro-active enough to have the decals reproduced awhile back and he is very knowledgeable on these cars. I would really love to know how many early A66, 340 challengers there still are out there.
Great find and good luck with the car. It looks like it is in decent condition, which is getting harder and harder to find! I included a pic of the decal on the hood of my car that I never knew was factory until I started reading the posts on the febo site.

Dino2 (1).gif

Dino pic 1.jpg

raptr

Reaction score
Raptr
Very cool and early A66 Challenger. Never saw a Challenger with the triple green color. Must be pretty unique. Matt was pro-active enough to have the decals reproduced awhile back and he is very knowledgeable on these cars. I would really love to know how many early A66, 340 challengers there still are out there.
Great find and good luck with the car. It looks like it is in decent condition, which is getting harder and harder to find! I included a pic of the decal on the hood of my car that I never knew was factory until I started reading the posts on the febo site.

Thanks , I was able to drive the car last weekend had a great time although the tranny has a small problem . It's a bit ratty but from a distance look OK ! I think this green looks good on the Challenger body , at first I wasn't sure but it is growing on me . When Matt gets more stickers in I will get some from him . What's the story on your Challenger?

340challconvert

Reaction score
I've owned the car since 1980. 1970 A66 convertible, automatic. It is an early car like yours, October 1969 and has the 340 hood decals. I bought the car from the second owner, a guy who lived at the NJ shore and had a number of mopars at the time. He would not sell it right away, but I got lucky and kept tabs on it through mutual car friends. I towed the car back home with the engine out of the car and put the drive train back in order. Used the car as a daily driver for about 5 years. I actually drove the car cross country to California (w an old girlfriend at the time- another story) and back home to the east coast when I first got it on the road. (Talk about having faith in your own mechanical skills!) After that, job and family took my time and I kept the car in storage since that time. The car was always kept inside a garage which probably kept its condition decent. I started the car periodically; but the last time was about 15 years ago. I accumulated a lot of NOS parts back in the 1980's always looking for the day to really restore it. I have some original paperwork (original owner's manual /dealer warranty, registrations). The car has the early A-66 options (15 in rallys w E-60 tires, 355 posi rear, bulge hood w the decals, bumble bee stripe on the rear, and bee decals in the rear windows) I was lucky and the original owner (a girl) ordered power disc brakes, an automatic and the rally dash.
I just started doing an inspection on the car to determine current condition and needs. I am looking to at least get it running and start working on it again. Everything is solid except for the cursed challenger trunk floors and some small patches on the back lower quarters.
I would love to know more about your A66. I like their unique status (all the RT stuff with a small block 340)
As you go through your car, would love to know what options it has! Most of this information is on the fender tag. You should register the car with one of the registries. My favorite is the hamtramck- historical.com. Barry Washington keeps tabs on mopars and returns available, rare paperwork and documentation to owners.
As a said in an earlier post, FEBO is a great source of information with a group of people who are knowledgeable and always willing to help. Matt has been especially involved in working with people with the A66 cars. I hope the 340 decals are again reproduced.
Enjoy the journey, You have a rare and unique Challenger to be enjoyed.

Dino2 (1).gif

Dino2 (1).gif

raptr

Reaction score
I've owned the car since 1980. 1970 A66 convertible, automatic. It is an early car like yours, October 1969 and has the 340 hood decals. I bought the car from the second owner, a guy who lived at the NJ shore and had a number of mopars at the time. He would not sell it right away, but I got lucky and kept tabs on it through mutual car friends. I towed the car back home with the engine out of the car and put the drive train back in order. Used the car as a daily driver for about 5 years. I actually drove the car cross country to California (w an old girlfriend at the time- another story) and back home to the east coast when I first got it on the road. (Talk about having faith in your own mechanical skills!) After that, job and family took my time and I kept the car in storage since that time. The car was always kept inside a garage which probably kept its condition decent. I started the car periodically; but the last time was about 15 years ago. I accumulated a lot of NOS parts back in the 1980's always looking for the day to really restore it. I have some original paperwork (original owner's manual /dealer warranty, registrations). The car has the early A-66 options (15 in rallys w E-60 tires, 355 posi rear, bulge hood w the decals, bumble bee stripe on the rear, and bee decals in the rear windows) I was lucky and the original owner (a girl) ordered power disc brakes, an automatic and the rally dash.
I just started doing an inspection on the car to determine current condition and needs. I am looking to at least get it running and start working on it again. Everything is solid except for the cursed challenger trunk floors and some small patches on the back lower quarters.
I would love to know more about your A66. I like their unique status (all the RT stuff with a small block 340)
As you go through your car, would love to know what options it has! Most of this information is on the fender tag. You should register the car with one of the registries. My favorite is the hamtramck- historical.com. Barry Washington keeps tabs on mopars and returns available, rare paperwork and documentation to owners.
As a said in an earlier post, FEBO is a great source of information with a group of people who are knowledgeable and always willing to help. Matt has been especially involved in working with people with the A66 cars. I hope the 340 decals are again reproduced.
Enjoy the journey, You have a rare and unique Challenger to be enjoyed.

View attachment 16205
That's a great story , the 15 Rallys are a great look , sounds like a very handsome car . You must be near the top of length of ownership , I'm jealous I should have kept my cars from back then . Hope to see your car on the road again ! I'm happy to share the details of my car with you , I will list the fender tag codes although I'm not sure what they all mean . My gut feeling is that my car must have a 3.55 or higher , it just feels like it is tach'ing out too soon....A Cuda I had back in the 80's had a 3.23 auto , I got bored with that and put in a 4.30 . That lasted about a week ! I put the 3.23 back in!

340challconvert

Reaction score
fender tag decoding

Dino2 (1).gifRaptr
Go to mymopar.com website. They have a fender tag decoder under "tools". If you put in your fender tag numbers in, you can get a printout of the options contained on your car. Just put the numbers in the same row and sequence as the tag. It will provide code list for your options and you can print a copy. Really cool tool that will help you determine what options you have.

Dino2 (1).gif

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Or post them up here and we can decode it for you, better than a crossword puzzle IMO!

raptr

Reaction score
Or post them up here and we can decode it for you, better than a crossword puzzle IMO!

OK D'Matt...It's actually kind if difficult to see all the codes as the tag has a light coat of what looks like undercoating sprayed in this area. Here's what I can share with you :
---?- Y05 - 26 - EN1-
-13?-M21-N41-N42-N85-R11
---?-A62-A66-G16-C55-G31
EF8?-H6F8---?-A22-G151752?
E55?-D21-JH23-N05?-1651?----?

I think that is all.....

DetMatt1

Reaction score
OK D'Matt...It's actually kind if difficult to see all the codes as the tag has a light coat of what looks like undercoating sprayed in this area. Here's what I can share with you :
---?- Y05 - 26 - EN1-
-13?-M21-N41-N42-N85-R11
---?-A62-A66-G16-C55-G31
EF8?-H6F8---?-A22-G151752?
E55?-D21-JH23-N05?-1651?----?

I think that is all.....
Y05-Build to specs for USA order
26-26" radiator
EN1-is end of info on the tag
M21-drip rail moldings
N41-Dual exhaust
N42-Bright tips
N85-Tachometer
R11-AM radio
A62-Rallye instrument cluster
A66-340 performance package
C16-Console
C55-Buckets
G31-Manual chrome racing mirror (RH)
EF8-Dark green metallic
H6F8-Green interior
A22-Built Oct 22nd of '69
E55-340
D21-4 Speed
That'll be JH23H0B, H being the 340, 0 being 1970 and B being the Hamtramck plant.

Last edited:

raptr

Reaction score
Y05-Build to specs for USA order
26-26" radiator
EN1-is end of info on the tag
M21-drip rail moldings
N41-Dual exhaust
N42-Bright tips
N85-Tachometer
R11-AM radio
A62-Rallye instrument cluster
A66-340 performance package
C16-Console
C55-Buckets
G31-Manual chrome racing mirror (RH)
EF8-Dark green metallic
H6F8-Green interior
A22-Built Oct 22nd of '69
E55-340
D21-4 Speed
That'll be JH23H0B, H being the 340, 0 being 1970 and B being the Hamtramck plant.

Thanks Matt , I will either clean off the undercoating so I can better see those few numbers in question or maybe I'll just stop by with the car next chance I get . Thanks again!

cdstl

Reaction score
Here's a tag from my friend's car that he bought in either the fall of '71 or '72. NO hood decal was on it.

Glen's fendertag 2.jpg

cdstl

Reaction score
I should have been more specific. He had no decal and has no holes for the emblem.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
So it was either requested that none were used(unlikely) or they were removed early on.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Dino2 (1).gifWanted to publicly thank Matt for helping A66 owners by having the 340 hood decals reproduced.
Received my sets today and they are great!
Matt as always is a good A66 resource person for members with these cars.

Phil (A66-Challenger convertible FY1)

Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
340 Hood Decals for A-66 Cars

Nice high quality 340 Decals for early A-66 Challengers

Matt helped us all out on getting this rare item reproduced.

Dino pic 1.jpgMVC-043F.jpgMVC-042F.jpg

Three photos; Original decal on my Challenger hood, and two pics of the new decals (really nice reproduction)

Nice to see the new decals with all the original colors and details
They really look great!

Dino2 (1).gif

Phil

(A-66 Challenger convertible in Y1)

Dino pic 1.jpg

MVC-043F.jpg

MVC-042F.jpg

Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

raptr

Reaction score
Please excuse me if this has been asked before , but how many A-66 340 Challengers were produced? Is there an A-66 thread or an A-66 register? Thanks to Matt for producing the hood decal , I'll be buying some soon !

DetMatt1

Reaction score
3,771 automatics
2,819 4spds
343 3spds
264 convertibles total between the 3 trans options.
So about 7,200.

there's an A66 thread on Moparts and I've registered my A66 with GG and Barry Washington.
If you have a vert you should also register that with a guy named Ola that runs an E-body vert registry.

Last edited:
Back