• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger ride

Lambeth Dave

Reaction score
This may seem like an odd question...but any suggestions how to make my 70 SE have a better ride...l know the usual stuff (done plenty of gm stuff)...but l am looking for e body specific stuff the resto on the car is a ways off of completion so this is the time to do it...thanks folks..

Adam

Reaction score
Replace the likely deteriorated control arm bushings. I like urethane, they last much longer than rubber. Also upgrade the torsion bars to something around an inch or slightly more. I have done these mods and find it to be well worthwhile. Sporty, not harsh.

Lambeth Dave

Reaction score
Ahh yes better ride can be interpreted differently..in the gm stuff l stiffen things up some..they handle like a fridge full of bowling balls..the mopar stuff has a harsher ride quality because of the unit body..but it also doesnt handle the best..l dont need all that super expensive custom road racing stuff..but something that firms it up a bit...but give a decent cruising ride quality as well..maybe QA1 shocks...having those two things together generally isnt a thing but l thought l would ask...my 68 satellite is what l am basing my question on...l have only been messing with mopar about 7 years..GM and Ford...35 years...big difference..

Reaction score
Do you like the 68 Satellite ride and handling? What engine did it come with Originally? Does it have a front sway bar?

Have you driven the challenger?

Lambeth Dave

Reaction score
No front swaybar...but l am going to install one..l have not driven my challenger...but l have driven them...the Satellite is o.k. ...all l did to that one is a good quality set of shocks its a survivor so no resto...it could be better but its good enough..l literally just cruise that thing around its a 273 ..3 on the tree....the Challenger however is 440, 727, 8.75 3.55..

Back