• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger small block with AC Alternator Bracket Question

Sparkey

Reaction score
They guy I bought my Challenger from didn't reinstall the AC when he rebuilt the engine. I just went to install the compressor & found that the current alternator bracket won't work with the AC compressor.
I am trying to find the part number for a small block with AC alternator bracket and any ideas on where I might find one.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Search google images and eBay using the appropriate keywords and let me know what you come up with. I may have what you are looking for but I wouldn’t know it unless I saw an example.

Sparkey

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding any pictures of a bracket for a small block with AC. I was only able to find a big block bracket for A.C.
I have a 78 Lil Red Express with a 360 that looks like the same A.C. set up as the Challenger. I will try to get a picture or two of that one.

Sparkey

Reaction score
I looked at Lil Red this afternoon. The bracket on it looks like item # MP700221 at Classic industries but that listing doesn't say it is or is not for an AC car. Here is a link to the site.
1973 Dodge Challenger Parts | MP700221 | 1970-74 Mopar B/E-bodies with Small Block Engine - Alternator Adjustment Bracket | Classic Industries
The big block bracket looks somewhat similar but definitely is different. Their BB part # is MP700218
see below for the wrong bracket
1973 Dodge Challenger Parts | MP700218 | 1969-74 Mopar B/E-bodies with Big Block Engine & AC - Alternator Adjustment Bracket | Classic Industries

Sparkey

Reaction score
DetMatt, Thanks for the quick response but I am now all set. The seller had told me a few days ago that he couldn't find the bracket. He just notified me that it has now been found.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back