1. Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

Challenger small block with AC Alternator Bracket Question

Heating / Cooling / AC

1. Sparkey

Sparkey Active Member

They guy I bought my Challenger from didn't reinstall the AC when he rebuilt the engine. I just went to install the compressor & found that the current alternator bracket won't work with the AC compressor.
    I am trying to find the part number for a small block with AC alternator bracket and any ideas on where I might find one.

2. DetMatt1

DetMatt1 Well-Known Member

Search google images and eBay using the appropriate keywords and let me know what you come up with. I may have what you are looking for but I wouldn’t know it unless I saw an example.

3. Sparkey

Sparkey Active Member

I am having trouble finding any pictures of a bracket for a small block with AC. I was only able to find a big block bracket for A.C.
    I have a 78 Lil Red Express with a 360 that looks like the same A.C. set up as the Challenger. I will try to get a picture or two of that one.

4. Sparkey

Sparkey Active Member

I looked at Lil Red this afternoon. The bracket on it looks like item # MP700221 at Classic industries but that listing doesn't say it is or is not for an AC car. Here is a link to the site.
    1973 Dodge Challenger Parts | MP700221 | 1970-74 Mopar B/E-bodies with Small Block Engine - Alternator Adjustment Bracket | Classic Industries
    The big block bracket looks somewhat similar but definitely is different. Their BB part # is MP700218
    see below for the wrong bracket
    1973 Dodge Challenger Parts | MP700218 | 1969-74 Mopar B/E-bodies with Big Block Engine & AC - Alternator Adjustment Bracket | Classic Industries

5. DetMatt1

I have a few of the one in the first link, they’d be $20 shipped.

6. Sparkey

Sparkey Active Member

DetMatt, Thanks for the quick response but I am now all set. The seller had told me a few days ago that he couldn't find the bracket. He just notified me that it has now been found.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

7. DetMatt1

No problem, glad it worked out for you.